• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CPP

Received further letter from CPP together with form to claim compo

Comment

My wife received same form as you have to give reasons why your entitled to a refund any advice as best answer?

Comment

I just wrote something on the lines of-
        I only realised that I was on the CARDGUARD plan when I noticed a renewal charge on my credit card statement
        The plan was neither needed or requested

Comment

I've just received an envelope with two CPP forms, one for the CPP Policy, the other for an ID theft policy. I'll probably need suggestions as to what to write in the box. The CPP dates back to 2001 or thereabouts, yet they're going on about 2005 onwards. I can't remember anything about the CPP or why I had it, I just vaguely remember filling out a form with lots of card numbers (I had lots of cards back then).

The ID theft dates to around 2005, I thought it was attached to the CPP as an add-on of sorts. :noidea:

Comment

All I can remember is being in the bank with my daughter, my daughter applied for a cc and was accepted immediately, so I also enquired about a cc and to my surprise was also immediately accepted. The Bank clerk completed all the paperwork and just required my signature
            I didnt even realise that CARDGUARD was being charged to my account until 2 years later when I spotted a renewal charge on a statement

Comment

I'm currently helping OH sort out her late aunt's estate.
              Aunt died just before Xmas.
              In amongst the papers I've found initial letters from CPP dated Sept 2013, but no evidence that she ever responded to them. As she was 97, and ill that's not surprising.
              We've written to CPP claiming any refunds should be paid into the estate.
              What chances they will comply?

Comment

I would give them a ring DES, they seemed to have my info at their fingertips

Comment

I had a couple of these last week

On the ones I had it gave some examples of acceptable complaints . I just put as per overleaf and in addition i was told that these were conditional on the loan.

In reality I ever even noticed them, on mine it said that the final date for returning the letters was August, so it seem like it is going to be a while before anyone gets a pay out (if they do) still it would be nice to go towards the holiday spends

Comment

I think they start processing them as soon as they are returned, so the sooner they are sent of the better

Just telephoned them, their aim is to refund within 8 weeks of completed form being returned
                    Last edited by CYNthesys; 19th February 2014, 12:20:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X