• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPP

Received a letter at weekend from CPP re cardguard policy that used to be attached to my HSBC credit card. I do remember that a few years ago annual charges were being debited to my account for card protection, but I cancelled as soon as I realised I had not asked for this protection.
    Just rang CPP, they looked up my policy and confirmed that it ran for 2 years until I cancelled in September 2009. The person I spoke to said that I had paid £54.53, but was unsure whether this was the annual payment or the total amount I had paid.

She also said that 8% interest would be added to refunds

Does anyone know what the annual premiums were from 25th Sept 2007 - 25th Sept 2009 please, as £54.53 seems a very odd amount
    Tags: None

Re: CPP

I should think that was your total as I believe it was £35 per year so if you cancelled inside the second year that would be £35 for a full year and £19.53 for the part second year

Comment

Enaid, she said that it commenced on 25th Sept 2007, and that I cancelled on 25th Sept 2009

Comment

Oh don't know then I just rang about my dads cause I know I cancelled for him but they have no record of him lol so have to dig out papers if I can.

Comment

ok, thanks, also wondered if CPP and PPI policies are subject to 6% tax as motor insurance is subject to a tax?

Comment

It might be worth looking on the FCA site for both things if you've not already done so.

http://www.fca.org.uk/

Just put 'CPP' into the search and loads of stuff comes up.

Comment

£26.00 per year if I remember correctly

Comment

Latest
                Conmers

i
                I do hope people take note,'you do not need a claims management company to help claim redress'
                Coum

Published: 22/08/2013
                The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

Key information for CPP customers:
                • Any affected customer will be contacted by CPP from 29 August 2013 onwards. The letters will explain in more detail how the Scheme works and what people can do next. The subsequent letter in the Autumn will also include an invitation to vote on whether the customer is in favour of the Scheme.
                • If the Scheme is approved by voters, even those who voted against it will still be able to submit a claim for compensation.
                • If the Scheme is approved, all customers need to do is complete a simple claim form. They do not need to use a claims management company to help them claim redress.
                • The Scheme is open to:

all customers who bought or renewed the Card Protection product since 14 January 2005 (when the FCA began regulating the sale of general insurance products) from CPP, a bank or a card issuer who are participating in the Scheme; and
                customers who bought or renewed Identity Protection from CPP since 14 January 2005 by telephone.
                • If customers are due compensation they will be entitled to the amount they have paid for their policy since 14 January 2005, less any money paid out by the policy, plus 8% interest on the amount owed.
                • Should a customer make a claim their policy will be cancelled – even if their claim is rejected.
                • Some customers will value the product and find some of the features useful, so they should think carefully about whether they want to keep the product before they make a claim.
                • Any complaints referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service will be considered in line with the terms of the Scheme. More information can be found at www.cppredressscheme.co.uk or by calling 08000 83 43 93. The website and telephone helpline will be available from 28 August 2013.

The FCA has published further information for consumers on its website

Comment

Mine was with TPF/Sentinel and I paid £10.00 pa to start with ending up at £16.00 pa in 2003.

Have sent off my claim at the end of last week!

Comment

For anyone with a debt heading towards being Statute Barred, I assume these claims do not count as acknowledgement and reset the 6 years running? :beagle:

Comment

I seem to think that mine was in region of £60 per annum. As I had this insurance for 2 whole years I cant get my head round the £54.53 CPP claim I paid.

Comment

We have moved 4 times since her indoors last had CPP do we contact them and with what info as we no longer have the account with santander/aand l

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                          We have moved 4 times since her indoors last had CPP do we contact them and with what info as we no longer have the account with santander/aand l
                          Phone this number 08000 83 43 93 although they had no record of my dads policy she did say there were some reasons why it would not show up.

Comment

I was told when I rang they had no record of my dad being sold this insurance, anyhow he had a letter on Monday with an account number and a unique identity number so now I wait for the second letter and go on from there. Just to say don't give up folks if you think you have been paying this get it back.

Comment

we both had letters to-day!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X