• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

How about also writing a complaint to Companies House regarding this as if there is a company overseas especially Israel it should be listed.

Also, having an address in Finchley Road NW11 which is not even their office and not manned by DS Marketing is bizzare.

When you completed these DD mandates did anyone notice which bank they bank with?

Originally posted by ZED View Post
    I found this ‘interesting’ (from the attached files re: DS Marketing Ltd)
    Oversea Company Info
    There are no Oversea Details associated with this company. .

What ... not even in Israel? .

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
      When you completed these DD mandates did anyone notice which bank they bank with?
      They did not complete a DD mandate.

Those conned enter their card number, supposing it will only be for £2.95. See attached screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

There's an online forum called "p!ssedconsumer" (I've replaced the i with a ! to avoid any sort of hassle that might arise from the use of 'colourful language'!). People have been posting their stories re: having fallen foul of DS Marketing's scam. Unfortunately it's not a forum where helpful advice is free-flowing ... it seems to just operate as 'an alert' to anyone carrying out an online search for a particular firm or product. Anyway, I'm trying to do my civic duty by posting the following reply to the scammed peoples' comments.
        The company DS Marketing Ltd actually operate from a warehouse in Rugby. The "London address" that they provide is simply a 'mail drop' premises (used by 738 other businesses!) Neither are they based in Israel - they don't even despatch their products from Israel. You should return your unwanted products in order to receive a full refund (UK Distance Selling Regulations). (And please note: their products are in breach of EU regulations re: cosmetic product labelling!) Deadseakit.com / DS Marketing Limited Terms and Conditions “7. Return and Refund Policies: As part of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, you can return the product up to 30 days after delivery of your order for a full refund of the initial purchase price (less any applicable shipping and handling charges for our customers located outside of the European Union member states).” This info is from their own amended 'Terms & Conditions' which can be found online. (They HAD to amend their T&Cs because the Advertising Standards Authority pressurised them!) "If you wish to return the Products you have purchased, please send them here: DS Marketing Ltd. C/O TFS Pretorian Way Glebe Farm Industrial Estate Rugby Warwickshire CV21 1RH" .

Comment

Hi guys here is some news from my cousin...

Youwon't believe it but I have some information!
          I entered the pob in google and I found3 companies in that p.o.b. all 3 deal with cosmetics an soaps from the Dead Sea.
          A. Paid a Dead Sea Ltd
          Co no 512779687
          Tel-046261910fax 046360607 (when youphone from England you do 972 4 6261910)

B.barbara wolf ltd
          Tel-046265045
          Fax-046265049

C.
          Caesarian import export and marketing ofpackages ltd

All 3 companies are located in 1 shahafst Caesarea p.o.b 5381 Caesarea

Tomorrow I will try from work to findmore information

Comment

From further information that I've received from Tuttsi (many thanks!) regarding the business registered at PO Box 5381 in Caesarea...
            I had a prowl around their website: http://www.jerichocosmetics.com/ ... and evidence suggests that DS Marketing Ltd could be buying in bulk from this firm; having their own (non-EU compliant) labels applied to the product containers; and then having the goods shipped to the place in Rugby.
            vis a vis this page: http://www.jerichocosmetics.com/Beco...%20Distributor ... which states:
            As a distributor, you are an independent entity. You purchase our products at wholesale rates, which give enough profit margin to sell them to retail stores and chains or directly to the end user. In addition, we can create private label product line, based on our wholesale pricelist, at no extra cost for a minimum order per item.
            Private Label
            Increase your revenues by expanding your existing business OR

Start a new business with your own Private Label of Dead Sea skin care products

We can create private label product line based on the wholesale price list. Prices for PL products consist of one-time fee for graphics and product licenses, and per unit price according to the wholesale pricelist and min. quantities. Our products come in jars, bottles, tubes and sachets; each requires a different minimum order as listed below:
            With Paloma's Private Label program, you your brand can sell to spas, pharmacies, beauty and health stores, hotels , malls and golf clubs anywhere in the world under your own rules. So contact us now at distributors to start your own private label..
            So ... as “an independent entity”, DS Marketing Ltd are nothing to do with the business in Israel – Jericho Cosmetics just happen to be the wholesalers where the goods are obtained!

Comment

Incidentally, for anyone who may require this info, these are the contact details for the wholesalers in Israel:

Customer Care

Tel: +972-4-6261910
              Fax: +972-4-6360607

Paloma Dead Sea, Ltd.
              PO Box 5381
              Caesarea 30889
              Israel
              Our working hours are Sunday through Thursday from 9am to 5pm Israel local time. (That's Greenwich Meantime +2 hours, Eastern Standard Time +7 hours, or Pacific Standard Time +10 hours).
              (And from DS Marketing’s online advert for ‘their’ goo: Return address: PO Box 5381, Caesarea 30889, Israel ... spot the similarity?)
              Last edited by ZED; 4th April 2013, 15:37:PM.

Comment

I suggested to ZED that anyone who sent the products back to Israel and have still had money taken from their credit/debit card should phone the company in Israel as in ZED's last post and ask them if they actually notify DS Marketing when goods are returned to them and do they then credit back DS Marketing Ltd with the product that is returned?

Someone needs to phone them to ascertain what the tie up situation is between the two companies, as if the company in Israel are just a wholesaler and nothing to do with DS Marketing other than them being a customer buying stuff under their own label.

Now if Israel does not relay to DS Marketing Ltd that any of the samples have been returned and do not have that facility or agreement to do so then the TS should be able to look into this scam a lot further. You also have distance selling regs as Clever Clogs has already pointed out. Whoever has a conversation with the Israeli company needs this to be backed up in writing to take this complaint further IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by fileydave View Post
                  My wife also fell for this 2 days ago and almost immediately had second thought and replied to their confirmation E mail within half an hour telling them not to ship the order
                  Despite this they replied the order had already been shipped!
                  The order was placed at turned 7pm (UK)....whatever time that is in Israel
                  Contacted MBNA who seemed to know all about this Company and promised to withhold any further payments.

My question is....WHY do the Credit card companies NOT stop them
                  I have been duped by this company too, I ordered the kit, then realising my mistake I cancelled it within an hour by email, but the reply was the same as yours. Paid for it on my debit card and have since cancelled my debit card and am desperately trying to get in touch with company but no luck. Do you think they will charge my bank account still or should I contact the bank about this? also where do I send the package back to, dont really want to send it to Israel, hope you can help!

Comment

Write to your bank, explicitly revoking the Continuous Payment Authority.

Send the guck back to Rugby, or to their London address.
                    Send it by Special Delivery, so you have proof of its having been received.

Comment

Hello Hels64.
                      .You can contact the scammers by email to tell them that you’ve changed your mind and don’t wish to take part in their ‘free trial’, and neither do you wish to receive any products from them in the future. There’s a ‘contact’ link at the bottom of all of their online adverts: here’s one, for example https://www.deadseakit.com/
                      Ignore the waffle about sending stuff back to Israel ... that’s all part of the scam. If any products do arrive and you want to return them, they can be returned to the address in Rugby ... see no. 7 in their ‘terms and conditions’: https://www.deadseaset.com/promo/terms.html
                      The address is: DS Marketing Ltd.
                      C/O TFS
                      Pretorian Way
                      Glebe Farm Industrial Estate
                      Rugby
                      Warwickshire
                      CV21 1Rh.
                      Make sure your bank is aware that you want to cancel the ‘Continuous Payment Authority’ that you have inadvertently set up with this company: you have a legal right to cancel the payment arrangement, so don’t be fobbed off by bank staff who tell you that only DS Marketing can cancel it. Incidentally, the scammers plunder money using different names ... your bank will need to be made aware of these variants ... they took my money using the name deadseakit.com*LONDON.
                      Last edited by ZED; 4th April 2013, 17:46:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hels64 View Post
                        I have been duped by this company too, I ordered the kit, then realising my mistake I cancelled it within an hour by email, but the reply was the same as yours. Paid for it on my debit card and have since cancelled my debit card and am desperately trying to get in touch with company but no luck. Do you think they will charge my bank account still or should I contact the bank about this? also where do I send the package back to, dont really want to send it to Israel, hope you can help!
                        Alert the bank immediately. Read this thread and the one on Money Saving Expert with a fine tooth comb. Stay in touch and let us know how you go on.

Some more brilliant work today from you ladies. Excellent!!

The fraudsters have now emailed me stating that have my signature for the delivery. Ahahaha! No they do not.

Comment

Originally posted by bertie30 View Post
                          The fraudsters have now emailed me stating that have my signature for the delivery. Ahahaha! No they do not.
                          Forging a signature has got to be illegal ... surely? They're obviously becoming more and more cocky as their scam gathers momentum.

Comment

Hi all,

Amazingly, the money these people took has been paid back into my account. Very annoyingly, the bank still permitted them to take their $1.59 (which actually was £1.59) 'restocking' fee out of my account. I have yet to speak to them about this.

Send the goo back to Rugby, send it by special or recorded delivery. Dead Sea insisted that I send proof of posting when I emailed and asked where my refund was, despite me enclosing a very explicit letter with the products. They then said that I had to send proof of posting to another email address returns@deadseakit.com. Apparently their normal email system does not allow attachments!

If you are returning it within the 14 days, tell your bank that no payments whatsoever are to go out of your account as you are returning the goods, intact, under the Distance Selling Regulations. Tell them that you are concerned as they have your card details for the postage, but that is all you are obliged to pay as you are returning the product. I would even go as far as asking for an email address so that you can email them with specific instructions.

The problem with credit card companies - as I was brusquely told, is that it is not their job to police us in terms of our spending - it is up to me to read all of the terms and conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the actions of this company. I have gone over the web sites a number of times, and it is clearly set up to mislead people, and even though I did get a refund, I suspect that there are many out there that don't, and I still will be reporting this to the TSA, and anyone else I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
                              Forging a signature has got to be illegal ... surely? They're obviously becoming more and more cocky as their scam gathers momentum.
                              If they have forged it, that's easily proved, as it won't be mine. I've got a deliberate lie in writing from them re the signature. I can't necessarily prove they haven't delivered it but I can prove if any signature is presented as mine, as it..won't be mine! And if they do present a forged sig, they're also defrauding the delivery company.

Comment

I can certainly give the bank an undertaking that any goods received will be sent tracked delivery to Rugby. That's if I ever see them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X