• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

I still reckon you should link the mud merchants to Hamas.

Mossad might succeed where Trading Standards departments have failed. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by bertie30 View Post
      You are the only person who seems to have been allowed to 'get away with' sending the goods to Rugby instead of Israel. I hope this means that we can all do this. Although, to send them back you'll need to have received them and despite an email on Thurs night around 9.45 stating that the product had been sent, I haven't received anything.

I wrote to them on Weds, 20 mins after the deal, stating I did not wish to proceed. They have just emailed me saying only 'we aim to send the product immediately..'. My eye, they sent it mere minutes after the deal.
      I too cancelled within minutes of the deal. They insisted I keep the goo and try it as it had been shipped before cancellation (oh really). They offered discounts if I would keep the goo but threatened to charge full price if I retruned it - and yes I took that as a threat.

I held out until the last second and insisted I should be allowed to return this goo to the UK address it clearly came from. They gave in and sent me the Rugby address to return to. Please, please, please don't sent this goo back to Israel.

The terms and conditions seem to be changing on a regualr basis. Certainly when I initially checked them the retrun address was in fact Israel and the Rugby address was nowhere to be found.

Hang on in there guys and persist. Don't give in. I quoted the DSR in all my communications with them and threatend them with a Solicitor and HMRC before they gave me the Rugby address. Goo returned!

Comment

Originally posted by dragonbrood View Post
        They offered discounts if I would keep the goo but threatened to charge full price if I returned it
        Eh?

Hang on in there guys and persist. Don't give in. I quoted the DSR in all my communications with them and threatened them with a Solicitor and HMRC before they gave me the Rugby address. Goo returned!
        And all monies refunded?

Comment

I too cancelled within minutes of the deal. They insisted I keep the goo and try it as it had been shipped before cancellation (oh really). They offered discounts if I would keep the goo but threatened to charge full price if I retruned it - and yes I took that as a threat.
          Found this on one of the variations of terms and conditions:
          Orders can be normally be cancelled if You contact our customer service department the same day the order was placed on. As we strive to dispatch all orders as soon as possible, usually the next business day, we may be unable to cancel your order prior to its dispatch at all times. Please refer to our Return and Refund policies for further information.

Comment

The terms and conditions seem to be changing on a regualr basis. Certainly when I initially checked them the retrun address was in fact Israel and the Rugby address was nowhere to be found.
            Yes, with reference to the frequently-altered T&Cs they’ve actually included a bizarre clause: https://www.deadseabeautykit.com/terms.php?categoryid=5

4. Revisions to this Agreement:
            We may, from time to time, revise this Agreement. We reserve the right to do so, and You specifically agree that We have this unilateral right. You agree that any modifications or changes to this Agreement are in force immediately upon posting. The updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting, and the prior version is of no continuing legal effect.
            If We change anything in this Agreement, We will change the "Last Modified" date at the top of this Agreement. The most recent version of this Agreement can be accessed at any time using a web browser. You agree to revisit this page on a monthly basis, and to use the "Refresh" button on Your browser when doing so. Upon each visit, You agree to note the date of the last revision to this Agreement. If the "Last Modified" date remains unchanged from the last time You reviewed this Agreement, then You may presume that nothing in the Agreement has been changed since the last time You read it. If the "Last Modified" date has changed, then You can be certain that something in the Agreement has been changed, and You agree that You will re-review the Agreement in its entirety and that You will agree to the new terms or immediately cease use of our Service and Products.
            Waiver. If You fail to re-review this Agreement as required to determine if any of the terms have changed, You assume all responsibility for such omissions and You agree that such failure amounts to Your affirmative waiver of Your right to review the amended terms. We are not responsible for Your neglect of Your legal rights.

I’m guessing that this would be legally unenforceable, and therefore invalid?
            Their command of the English language is laughable:
            12. Cancellation Policies:

Orders can be normally be cancelled if You contact our customer service department the same day the order was placed on. As we strive to dispatch all orders as soon as possible, usually the next business day, we may be unable to cancel your order prior to its dispatch at all times. Please refer to our Return and Refund policies for further information.
            .And this is a blatant lie amongst their 15. Legal Disclaimer:

“All attributed testimonials on this page are from real customers.”

They then proceed to refer to Dead Sea mud as a “herb” !!!
            Last edited by ZED; 2nd April 2013, 11:28:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
              Yes, with reference to the frequently-altered T&Cs they’ve actually included a bizarre clause: https://www.deadseabeautykit.com/terms.php?categoryid=5

4. Revisions to this Agreement:
              We may, from time to time, revise this Agreement. We reserve the right to do so, and You specifically agree that We have this unilateral right. You agree that any modifications or changes to this Agreement are in force immediately upon posting. The updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting, and the prior version is of no continuing legal effect.
              If We change anything in this Agreement, We will change the "Last Modified" date at the top of this Agreement. The most recent version of this Agreement can be accessed at any time using a web browser. You agree to revisit this page on a monthly basis, and to use the "Refresh" button on Your browser when doing so. Upon each visit, You agree to note the date of the last revision to this Agreement. If the "Last Modified" date remains unchanged from the last time You reviewed this Agreement, then You may presume that nothing in the Agreement has been changed since the last time You read it. If the "Last Modified" date has changed, then You can be certain that something in the Agreement has been changed, and You agree that You will re-review the Agreement in its entirety and that You will agree to the new terms or immediately cease use of our Service and Products.
              Waiver. If You fail to re-review this Agreement as required to determine if any of the terms have changed, You assume all responsibility for such omissions and You agree that such failure amounts to Your affirmative waiver of Your right to review the amended terms. We are not responsible for Your neglect of Your legal rights.

I'm guessing that this would be legally unenforceable, and therefore invalid?
              Quite possibly - see (j) in Schedule 2 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - link
              And this is a blatant lie amongst their 15. Legal Disclaimer:

“All attributed testimonials on this page are from real customers.”
              As they doubtless are. They might not be their customers, though...

They then proceed to refer to Dead Sea mud as a “herb” !!! Perhaps this is something to do with their former product: “Spritza” ...
              Or have they been smoking too much "herb"? :rofl:
              "A CANNABIS ENERGY DRINK Now available in the UK. A unique energy drink produced with natural ingredients and hemp extract. (Trading Address: D&S Marketing Ltd T/A Spritza 240 Burnaby Road, Radford, Coventry, CV6 4AY. Company Registration: 6907938)."

On their web site - allegedly being updated - they give the name of the company as Spritza Ltd.

It would have been polite of them to have informed Companies House, as there is no record whatever of such a company.

Comment

Another example of their daft (and probably invalid) "terms and conditions" is:

14. Indemnification:

You agree to indemnify and hold Us and Our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party in connection with or arising out of Your use of the Service or Products, Your violation of any terms or conditions of this Agreement, Your violation of applicable laws, or Your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
                Apparently, that does not exclude unreasonable attorneys' fees, regardless of whether those would be unreasonably high fees charged by one or more attorneys or fees charged by one or more unreasonable attorneys.

Such is the nonsense one might produce if one's sole legal reference is an old Perry Mason annual. msl:

Comment

Zed, did you get my PM and will you please send to me any information which would assist my cousin to look into the PO box in Israel.

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                  Zed, I will send you a PM with my email address, please can you get together for me any documentation that I need to send to my cousin in Israel to delve into this unscrupulous company. I spoke to her again to day and she said she will be back at work on Wednesday and will do anything she can to help. Perhaps a copy of the form that you completed - obviously without your personal details.

Please note for anyone reading this thread I have not been duped or scammed by them, I just purely want to help you all get to the bottom of how this company is operating and the PO box address in Israel and possibly who is behind this international scam. So far we have the UK, Holland and Israel and goodness knows how many other countries are involved. Someone for sure knows their way around the banking system enough to set up this scam and target unsuspecting people to fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Quite possibly - see (j) in Schedule 2 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - link

As they doubtless are. They might not be their customers, though...

Or have they been smoking too much "herb"? :rofl:

On their web site - allegedly being updated - they give the name of the company as Spritza Ltd.

It would have been polite of them to have informed Companies House, as there is no record whatever of such a company.
                    I think I may have got that wrong CC ... it’s D&S Marketing Ltd that are/were producing the high-voltage drink (as opposed to DS Marketing Ltd) They both hail from a similar neck of the woods though.

Comment

I think I may have got that wrong CC ... it’s D&S Marketing Ltd that are/were producing the high-voltage drink (as opposed to DS Marketing Ltd) They both hail from a similar neck of the woods though.
                      We're completely wrong, even though "Spritza Limited" seems to be another sort of scam.

Please see attached files.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                        Zed, did you get my PM and will you please send to me any information which would assist my cousin to look into the PO box in Israel.
                        Wouldn't it be more useful to drop some mice in the Israeli PO Box?

Or just fill with buckets of mud from the Dead Sea?

Comment

We're completely wrong, even though "Spritza Limited" seems to be another sort of scam.

Please see attached files.
                          I found this ‘interesting’ (from the attached files re: DS Marketing Ltd)
                          Oversea Company Info
                          There are no Oversea Details associated with this company. .

What ... not even in Israel? .

Comment

I found this ‘interesting’ (from the attached files re: DS Marketing Ltd)

Oversea Company Info
                            There are no Oversea Details associated with this company. .
                            What ... not even in Israel?
                            Perhaps their PO Box is rented by a garbage disposal company?

Meanwhile, it seems they have neglected to inform the ICO of their activities.

Don't you think the ICO should be told?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps their PO Box is rented by a garbage disposal company?

Meanwhile, it seems they have neglected to inform the ICO of their activities.

Don't you think the ICO should be told?
                              Yes, I absolutely do, CC !

I found this fairly interesting ... here’s a couple of names we haven’t encountered before.
                              On this website:
                              http://www.dellam.com/07800556-DS%20...ING%20LTD.html
                              I discovered that apart from the 46-year-old Dutch woman, Ms Neeltje Coree, who is the director, manager, sole share-holder (and possibly cleaner) of DS Marketing Ltd, there’s an outfit called Centrum Secretaries Limited who were appointed on 5 October 2012 as ‘secretary’ to the firm.

I looked up Centrum Secretaries Ltd and ... voila ... they’re registered at the very popular ‘boiler room’ address 788-790 Finchley Road, London, NW11 7TJ. (I say ‘boiler room’ because 768 businesses are registered to the same small shabby suite of rooms!)

Directors and Secretaries of Centrum Secretaries Ltd

Robert Gersohn
                              24 Nov 2011 ⇒ Present (1 Year) Company Secretary
                              David Pearlman
                              4 Apr 2001 ⇒ Present (11 Years) Director

Comment

Evening ladies, what brilliant work!

And I have had some interesting correspondence with Boots today, whose banner they were using as part of their scam and of which I took screenshots. Boots is an international company with an international legal reach.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X