• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used Car Significant fault within the 1st 30 days - Dealer giving me the run around

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    CRA 2015 sec 20 (15) A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.
    Hi Des, just an update, as suspected the dealer has come back and said his mechanic couldn’t find a problem, they are going against what Hyundai are diagnosing! Where do i stand at this point, is there a best course of action? Thanks in advance

Comment

I see your choices as:
      1) recover vehicle and continue to use it and see what happens.
      If the vehicle breaks down due to coolant problems your initial rejection within the first 30 days will stand

2)if your letter of rejection warned of possible court action, then you can act upon it.
      If not you could send a letter before action and in due course initiate court action

Did you obtain a written report from Hyundai and the other garage? They will be helpful if you proceed to court

Comment

IMO your choices are;

1) recover car and keep driving it.
        If problems occur you will still be covered by your original rejection because the dealer failed to repair it

2) recover car and if your original letter of rejection mentioned court action, act upon it

3) if your letter did not mention court action, then send a letter before action, and then in due course initiate a court claim

Do you have written reports from Hyundai and from the garage that made the original diagnosis?

Comment

IMO your choices are;

1) recover car and keep driving it.
          If problems occur you will still be covered by your original rejection because the dealer failed to repair it

2) recover car and if your original letter of rejection mentioned court action, act upon it

3) if your letter did not mention court action, then send a letter before action, and then in due course initiate a court claim

Do you have written reports from Hyundai and from the garage that made the original diagnosis?
          Thanks Des,

I have written confirmation from both garages, below is an image of the hyundai diagnosis and the original garage

Comment

Well the Hyundai report states that there have been a previous problem and as such it implies it has been resolved.
            On the other hand your garage report is positive about the leak.

You need to decide if you can persuade a judge that at the time of delivery the vehicle was unsatisfactory, before initiating court action

Comment

Well the Hyundai report states that there have been a previous problem and as such it implies it has been resolved.
              On the other hand your garage report is positive about the leak.

You need to decide if you can persuade a judge that at the time of delivery the vehicle was unsatisfactory, before initiating court action
              Hi Des, The hyundai report also states that the coolant is brown in colour suggesting leak from oil passage / combustion chamber into water coolant.

In terms of the fault being there at the time of collection, i requested the coolant system be checked as the level was low, so there must have been an issue then, i did however communicate this verbally so have no record.

Comment

Verbal of course is not as certain as in writing and it will come down to whom the judge considers the more believable!

Colouration in coolant may remain after faults repaired, especially if not well flushed

Comment

Verbal of course is not as certain as in writing and it will come down to whom the judge considers the more believable!

Colouration in coolant may remain after faults repaired, especially if not well flushed
                  Thanks Des after i had put the deposit down when i noticed the coolant was low i did raise the concern regarding head gasket as i did my research and my particular model had experienced a number of head gasket failures, he then sent me a video showing me the oil cap and dipstick to show there was no water in the oil, i don't imagine this would count for much but does show there was a concern before i collected the vehicle.

Fingers crossed i can resolve this as i seem to be hitting brick walls at every turn!

Comment

..... no water in oil does not necessarily mean the head gasket is sound

Comment

..... no water in oil does not necessarily mean the head gasket is sound
                      Exactly my point! I will keep you updated how I get on! Thanks

Comment

deleted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X