• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rejection of vehicle within 30 days - LS4U involved, dealer not responding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About due an update...

Malcolm Graham of LS4U became involved directly and after some negotiations we got a settlement agreement that was almost agreeable. This time it said specifically that the dealer accepted rejection. However, it STILL insisted on having a clause that gave him the right to a cosmetic inspection and refuse to take the car depending on the results of this while also preventing us from taking legal action. I told them this contradicted the assertion he was accepting rejection.I sent them pictures of the car asking the dealer to confirm if he was happy with its condition to deal with his concerns - no reply.

In the end I had to extend the deadline by 3 weeks because Barclaycard's solicitors sent me a letter stating they were looking into the matter and I should really wait for that. Their own deadline is 28 days so I'm not prepared to wait any longer than this as I'm aware my LBA to the dealer will "run out" soon.

My next move depends on what they say.

Comment

THAT Malcolm Graham..... do some Googling!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        THAT Malcolm Graham..... do some Googling!
        That makes interesting reading!

Comment

Yeah seems like I rubbed him up the wrong way with my dsar request he refused to carry out. Told him I reported him to the ICO and trading standards so he's handling my case directly.

His latest line is that we're being unreasonable for not waiting another two weeks and he's going to show his email to the courts to show we shouldn't get coats. Reminded him we'd been waiting 3 months. 1 of those pre lockdown. Told him no more waiting !

Comment

I have an email from LS4U which states "the dealer accepts rejection subject to the vehicle being in the same condition as at the point of sale"

where do they stand on this? I am getting conflicting information as to whether they can legitimately take money off the refund for cosmetic damage.

I have provided pictures which they refuse to acknowledge.

they have ignored my requests to provide me with the sales pictures for comparison.

there are some scratches on it but quite frankly neither of us have any idea if they were there before. it could be those happened since rejection.

Comment

persistent little b****r!

Ignore it and wait for Barclaycard

Rejections are not subject to conditions put up by a struck off solicitor!

Comment

Dealer is meant to be picking up the car in 2 hours. we have agreed via LS4U that he would come inspect the car, we would sign an agreement, he would pay us and then we would give him all the documents.

He has just told us he is sending "a driver" and ignored all questions about payment or signing an agreement.

Given this "driver" is a complete stranger, should we let him just take everything?

Comment

persistent little b****r!

Ignore it and wait for Barclaycard

Rejections are not subject to conditions put up by a struck off solicitor!
                  Dealer is meant to be picking up the car in 2 hours. we have agreed via LS4U that he would come inspect the car, we would sign an agreement, he would pay us and then we would give him all the documents.

He has just told us he is sending "a driver" and ignored all questions about payment or signing an agreement.

Given this "driver" is a complete stranger, should we let him just take everything?

Comment

Only allow the driver to remove the vehicle if he can show authorisation, carries out a joint inspection, signs the agreement and hands over cash or activates a bank transfer as agreed.

Comment

Only allow the driver to remove the vehicle if he can show authorisation, carries out a joint inspection, signs the agreement and hands over cash or activates a bank transfer as agreed.
                      The two guys the dealer sent came and took the vehicle. They paid us in full first. finally this ordeal is over!

thanks for all your help

Comment

Well done... another failure for LS4U

Thanks for the update

Comment

Well this is an update of sorts - the ICO got back to me after I complained about the way LS4U handled my SAR. Malcolm claimed I didn't understand data protection laws. This is the kind of firm they are.

Comment

what do you expect from a struck off solicitor.... he has no respect for the law or people

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X