• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with second hand vehicle bought from a dealer. Advice needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD Reg no: ********* purchased on 14.04.2018
    Delivery date: 21.04.2018
    LETTER BEFORE COURT CLAIM

You are aware of the problems I have had with this vehicle.
    To reiterate on 02/05/2018 a problem became obvious within the gearbox, and in spite of four attempts to repair the same problem occurred on 04/10/2018.
    Therefore, exercising my rights as bestowed by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I reject the vehicle as it is unsatisfactory, as you were advised on 05/10/2018.
    You have disputed my right to reject, but it is unacceptable you do not recognise my statutory rights.
    Accordingly I require the following payment from you within seven days of delivery of this letter:
    £8495.00 purchase price
    £872.67 cost for alternative transport (should I cut this off?was also transport from and to the dealer ship when I could not get anyone to get me a lift)
    £514.42 wasted holiday cost due to car breakdown.
    £117.90 Breakdown Recovery cost

Total: £9,999.99

If you fail to respond within seven days I shall initiate court proceedings without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Obviously now i need to change the sums? I do not understand why "To reiterate on 07/08/2018 a problem became obvious within the gearbox, and in spite of three attempts to repair the same problem occurred on 04/10/2018" as first was on 05.05.2018....

Comment

If the court claim is above £10,000 then it is no longer in the small claims track in the courts and so could leave you liable for costs if the court find against you.

Comment

Congrats ostell for...
        is not a chance to slips out of small claims if for example the holiday loss that ads up from the bank statements ?

i am pretty sure the dealer will not fall back considering the communication so far so this is going to be the actual 3rd letter ignoring the e-mails.

Comment

It is only the amount that you claim. You specify what you are claiming. you are trying to point out to the seller that he stands to lose a lot more if he does not willingly accept the rejection and it is forced upon him at court.

Comment

Originally posted by samy View Post
            I do not understand why "To reiterate on 07/08/2018 a problem became obvious within the gearbox, and in spite of three attempts to repair the same problem occurred on 04/10/2018" as first was on 05.05.2018....
            Because you are rejecting the vehicle more than 30 days after delivery, the dealer has the right to attempt one repair.
            You are drawing attention to the fact you have been moire than generous in allowing 3 attempts.
            You should remember that all correspondence could be read by judge if this reaches court, and so you start lining up now

Sorry. but scrub the above.
            I have just gone back and tried rereading your first post.
            Change that date to 03.05 as you have done and amend the letter to read:
            "Therefore, exercising my short term right to reject as bestowed by the Consumer.

As it broke down in the first thirty days and was not ever brought back to a satisfactory condition you retain that right, which is important as it entitles you to a full refund without deduction for usage
            Last edited by des8; 5th November 2018, 11:36:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

I have just gone back and tried rereading your first post.
              Change that date to 03.05 as you have done and amend the letter to read:
              "Therefore, exercising my short term right to reject as bestowed by the Consumer.

As it broke down in the first thirty days and was not ever brought back to a satisfactory condition you retain that right, which is important as it entitles you to a full refund without deduction for usage
              re draft... better?

To reiterate on 02/05/2018 a problem became obvious within the gearbox, and in spite of four attempts to repair, the same problem occurred on 04/10/2018 and was never brought back to satisfactory condition.
              Therefore, exercising my short right to reject as bestowed by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I reject the vehicle as it is unsatisfactory, as you were advised on 05/10/2018.
              You have disputed my right to reject, but it is unacceptable you do not recognise my statutory rights.
              Accordingly I require the following payment from you within seven days of delivery of this letter:
              £8495.00 purchase price
              £767.51 cost for alternative transport
              £608.07 wasted holiday cost due to car breakdown
              £117.90 Breakdown recovery cost

Total: £9,988.48

If you fail to respond within seven days I shall initiate court proceedings without further notice.

Obviously the forum cannot hold the same page format, also re calculated figures to match the exact as on statements and receipts.

Comment

Originally posted by samy View Post

re draft... better?

To reiterate on 02/05/2018 a problem became obvious within the gearbox, and in spite of four attempts to repair, the same problem occurred on 04/10/2018 and was never brought back to satisfactory condition.
                Therefore, exercising my short term right to reject as bestowed by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I reject the vehicle as it is unsatisfactory, as you were advised on 05/10/2018.
                £8495.00 purchase price
                £767.51 cost for alternative transport
                £608.07 wasted holiday cost due to car breakdown
                £117.90 Breakdown recovery cost

Total: £9,988.48

Obviously the forum cannot hold the same page format, also re calculated figures to match the exact as on statements and receipts.
                One minor addition in red

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

One minor addition in red
                  Thank you, to be considered done, should i carry on sticking with seven days term or 14? Otherwise i think ready to post?

Comment

Depends on how much of a hurry you are in!

Comment

To be fair is more about legal and correct, not to hunt me back later... the v5c is still with me, but the car with them and i have notified them is sorned (2nd letter).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X