• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice re car sales from dealer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re car sales from dealer.

Hi
    I am after a little advice regarding two cars purchased last year. The service light came on my partner's car, which we bought last December from a Citroen Dealership as a pre-owned (3 years).
    My partner's car was advertised with 13420 mileage and the one I bought showed 23500, both on the sales documents and the sales sheet.
    When we bought the cars, we were led to believe they were serviced and MOT before we took them away, as part of the 12-month warranty.
    When I checked my partner's paperwork we discovered it had not been service and the last service was August 2018, the MOT showed mileage of 13590, 170miles difference.
    I decided to check mine, the last service is shown as March 2018 and although all the sales documents showed 23500, the MOT from the day I collected the car was 26062.

I have contacted the dealer who has basically said............not a lot, admin mistake.......

We believed that buying cars, they would be serviced and MOT, especially as the warranty required.

To be fair when we collected the cars, we had all the paperwork with incorrect mileage, the mot was put in the paperwork (with the new mileage) and we believed everything was above board.

They want to charge £280 for my partner's service to keep the warranty. In some ways, I can understand human error for one car, but the excess mileage for the other is worrying.

If I knew that the car had more mileage, maybe I would not have purchased it.

It seems a bit unfair and the garage won't accept responsibility.

Any advice would be great. We feel aggrieved that we went to a Citroen dealer and the mileage was so out.

Thank you in advance

Tags: None

Unless you specifically agree with them to include a service at the time of sale, they generally would not include a service unless it was due. As for the mileage it’s really down to you to check during the handover process - that’s the last chance for you to report a discrepancy while the car is still in their custody.

Comment

Buying a new car from an authorized dealer should be like an easy walk: the client just comes to the salon and buys the right car. The dealership manager is a representative of the brand, who must work with the client with the highest quality in order to fully satisfy all his needs. In the process of buying a car, the manager is obliged to fully control all stages so that the client does not have any problems with the purchase of a new car. You can learn more about this information if you contact this company: https://tlt.ae/business-services/, which is engaged in car rental services. They bought, they sold a lot of cars, and they have a lot of experience in this business.

Comment

Well, now there are a lot of scammers, and similar services very often lie to customers and as a result there is no sending and money. In order to avoid such situations, I recommend this blog to study http://www.kake.com/story/41709177/w...ow-to-track-it. It describes all the nuances and main advantages of such a delivery.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X