• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Utilities-compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilities-compensation

Both AndyAndroid and I have posted regarding the lack of 'compliance' of the Ombudsman Service, this organisation published their Terms of Reference on their own website and go on to publish recommendations by The Chartered Institute of Trading Standards.
    I would be most interested in hearing from any 'end user' that has had occasion to complain firstly to their supplier and secondly to the Ombudsman Service and what the outcome of their complaint was. The level of compensation/award offered by the supplier, regardless of 'award' seems to be limited to the original offer by the supplier, notwithstanding to remit of the Ombudsman Service, for this reason both AndyAndroid and myself are of the opinion that the Ombudsman Service are 'passing off' a service that in reality does not exist.
    The only way any regulator can 'regulate' is by knowing how the industries are treating 'customer complaints' and how the complaints have subsequently been resolved by the Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR), in this case the Ombudsman Service. Try as I might I can find no entry on any 'forum' that expresses satisfaction in the way/manner in which the Ombudsman Service has firstly handled the complaint and secondly made an award higher than that originally proposed by the supplier, what I do find, according to complainants, is a total expression of apathy by the Ombudsman Service both in regard to the nature of the complaint and reference to their own guiding principles as suggested by the Terms of Reference which are intended to indicate transparency, openness and fairness has taken place.
    The final point is the similarity of complaints which suggests that the industries are not aware of the extent or nature of complaints as many complaints are similar in nature, surely this denies that fact that the ADR is reporting back to the various industries in an adequate manner which is allowing problems to continue rather than be 'corrected', your views as consumers would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Utilities-compensation

Whats the Compo for and how much was offered?

Comment

In what context, I am seeking opinion from others who have experience of the ADR not my own case, the result of my case will be published on this website for others to benefit from.

Comment

In the context of how much you would expect for a compo award and whats the problem that you or they want rewarding for I expect its serious so others may have been in the same situation.

Comment

Every complainant has their own view, it is not my intention to influence any complainant as each have their own reason for complaining, what happened to me is already on this website and I now only require to hear from others who have used the ADR scheme, regardless of complaint.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X