• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mistie V Egg Plc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistie V Egg Plc

OK,
    Dont know if to claim or not so any advice would be great.

OK the lovely Egg passed my account to then even better Eversheds.
    The long and short off it is, i paid 75 % of the total balance owed, and recieved a letter from Eversheds acknowledge receipt of my payments totalling £££ which have been accepted in short settlement of my account. Which now showed a balance of zero.

The big question is shall i claim my charges back on this account as there will be some or do i just leave it??????

Just had a quick look at my online statments and in one year had £204 of charges...so will def have more.

HELP......

mistie
    Last edited by mistie; 15th June 2007, 12:58:PM. Reason: added extra info

OK quick update, egg say my account is closed tell me something i dont know please.....they can send me out paper statments in 14 days.

i have also asked that the account is cleared and due to the final payment being a short settlement that no other monies will be chased by them.

someone please advise me what i should do.

thanks in advance

mistie

Comment

Originally posted by mistie View Post
      OK,
      Dont know if to claim or not so any advice would be great.

OK the lovely Egg passed my account to then even better Eversheds.
      The long and short off it is, i paid 75 % of the total balance owed, and recieved a letter from Eversheds acknowledge receipt of my payments totalling £££ which have been accepted in short settlement of my account. Which now showed a balance of zero.

The big question is shall i claim my charges back on this account as there will be some or do i just leave it??????

Just had a quick look at my online statments and in one year had £204 of charges...so will def have more.

HELP......

mistie
      I wouldn't claim, becuase you could end up owing more than you're claiming, i.e. if you short settled for 2k less than was owed, and your claim was for 1k, you could end up owing 1k again, depending on the terms of the settlement. Just my thoughts.

Matt
      Last edited by Paradox; 15th June 2007, 20:16:PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I would agree with Matt here and send them a DPA request. However, regarding deducting 25% personally I would cross that particular bridge when I came to it.

For the time being, you need to ascertain the amount of any charges and once that is known, you can make a decision regarding how much you claim.

Comment

WOW,

that was quick got my statments this morning....and i must have been a very good girl with egg as my charges only come to £244

i am shock thought they would be alot more....

ok so looking at my statments it shows that eversheds paid the rest off the money owed or did they buy the account off them.....

Help.......

mistie

Comment

Hiya mist

chase then for the £244, plus if they impose an erp chase them for that too.
            It's your money.

Good luck,
            Hod...Liam..
            Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

A what happy.....erp??????

Comment

Early redemption penalty---- these are imposed when a loan is paid off before the due date, to make up for the loss of interest to the loaner.

best wishes,
                Hod...Liam..
                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Dont know if that works for credit cards happy but will find out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X