• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons and arrow global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons and arrow global

Hi all,

I am new on here and have already found a wealth of knowledge when it comes to dealing with DCA's so thanks for that!

I would love a bit of help if possible, I received a letter out of the blue from arrow global saying that they have passed my account to restons, who in turn contacted me to stay they require full payment for the alleged account originally MBNA (which shows as closed on my credit file).

I responded with a prove it letter and had quiet a scary letter back from restons saying they had "strict instructions" to take me to court over the account so I phones arrow global and was planning on sending a CCA and SAR request but asked if I could have a copy of there complaints procedure but they advised that I need to deal with restons but will reques this from restons, restons have refused to send me this as I have requested no correspondence from them unless they can prove the account.

should I send the CCA or await there next letter from them, or will they pass it back to arrow global or just start court proceedings?

any help would be great

thanks

vircoa
    The brain is the only thing on earth to have named its self

Re: Restons and arrow global

Restons are acting for Arrow Global and therefore Arrow Global are the creditor, presumably the debt has been assigned to them by MBNA. SO Arrow Global should respond with the relevant documentation as they are classed as the creditor. I would send Arrow Global the CCA request, and I would send the SAR to MBNA as this will give you all the account history up to the point they sold the debt to Arrow.

When you say Restons have refused to send you the CCA have you formally asked them via a request with £1 ?

If Arrow have engaged Restons then it is likely you will be receiving a court claim. A copy of the letter from Restons might be an idea if you can upload it (exclude personal details) - if it is a formal letter before action then you should respond to it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Vircoa View Post
      Hi all,

I am new on here and have already found a wealth of knowledge when it comes to dealing with DCA's so thanks for that!

I would love a bit of help if possible, I received a letter out of the blue from arrow global saying that they have passed my account to restons, who in turn contacted me to stay they require full payment for the alleged account originally MBNA (which shows as closed on my credit file).
      Closed? Do you mean there's no outstanding balance? :noidea: Can you give us more details:
      • How much are they saying you owe?
      • When did you last make a payment?
      • When did you take out the MBNA card?
      • Was this always an MBNA card or something else to start with, for example, I have a defaulted MBNA card that started life as an A&L card.

I responded with a prove it letter and had quiet a scary letter back from restons saying they had "strict instructions" to take me to court over the account so I phones arrow global and was planning on sending a CCA and SAR request but asked if I could have a copy of there complaints procedure but they advised that I need to deal with restons but will reques this from restons, restons have refused to send me this as I have requested no correspondence from them unless they can prove the account.
      Avoid talking to anyone over the phone, from now on, keep everything in writing. :typing:

Definitely send a CCA request to Arrow with a copy to Restons who are the solicitors acting for them. They should respond in 14 days.

What are you hoping to find out from the SAR? If you send one it should go to MBNA rather than Arrow or Restons, SARs are sent to obtain historical data such as statements that only the original lender would have. They have 40 days to respond to a SAR.

should I send the CCA or await there next letter from them, or will they pass it back to arrow global or just start court proceedings
      I concur with Amethyst above, we need to see the letter they've sent to sort out an appropriate response. Restons are very litigious and if they've sent a letter before action, that needs to be responded to promptly. You should still send the CCA request to Arrow and that fact can also be used in your response. :thumb: In many cases, court action can be avoided by replying to a letter before action. :typing:

Comment

Hi and thanks for the help so far,

here is a copy of the letter i received in response to the prove it letter.

dear Sir

we acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 10 april 2014 and can confirm that we are familiar with this type of template letter which is used solely to avoid the repayment of legitimate debt. our position remains unchanged since out previous letter to you dated 18 march 2014 and we have now been instructed by arrow global gurnser limited to claim immediate payment from you for the outstanding balance on your above account, being 1296.71 plus interest as appropriate.

we must ask you to pay the sum of 1296.71 direct to this office by wednesday, april 30 2014 failing whitch we have srtict instructions to issue a county court summons for the the full balance due plus fees and costs. We are instructed to seek a judgment against you which will be registered by the court if obtained. This is likely to adversely affect your credit record making it difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

our client may be prepared to accept payment by installments. if you wish to consider this option please complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to our office by wednesday april 30 2014. we may telephone you on any number available to us to discuss. alternatively you may wish to telephone us on the above direct line by wednesday april 30 2014. all future correspondence/Payments should be sent to this office clearly marked with your name and our above reference. receipts will not be given unless specifically requested. Please also send a stamped self-addressed envelope.

further our client has asked us to draw to your attention an opportunity for you to clear the account at a specially discounted settlement figure which could represent a substantial saving for you. if you are interested please call the above number.

finally, if you are not already doing so, we would recommend you seek your own independent advice from a solicitor or for example the CAB or other non-charging organisations

yours faithfully,

Restons

also this account has always been MBNA, and on the last payment was made in Jan 2009.

from the SAR i was hopiing to find out about any PPI or charges i can claim back to reduce any damage that may be coursed if it goes that far.

the account on my credit file shows that it was opened on the 04/06/2007 and then marked as Satisfied on the 31/01/2012 and is in the closed accounts section on my credit file with calcred. but looking into it on the month by month section it looks like it is showing as debt assigned.

how should I respond to restons?

please help
        Last edited by Vircoa; 27th April 2014, 14:20:PM. Reason: missed info out

Comment

Hi all sory to bump this but I really need help please

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...elp&highlight=

Read that. Post 5 should give a good idea what to do.

Also a s78 request if you haven't already.

M1

Comment

Cheers M1 I'm sending cca to arrow in the morning, and a copy of that to restons, I will also use the letter on the link

thanks again,

Comment

thought I would give every one a quick update, I decided to see how Restons would respond if I was to contact them by post asking for a copy of there complaints procedure based on them being out side of the OFT guide lines.

the response I had (just opened it)

was as follows

Dear Sir

Please direct any details with regards to a complaint about this company to our office.

regards

restons

there was no mention of reference numbers or dead lines. I think it is probably best to now wait for them to contact me I have a feeling that they wont and if they do I will just start with the actions above.

will keep you posted

thanks again

Comment

Hi again,

just to update over 6 weeks now and nothing has been heard from them I can only assume that the prove it letter has worked in shutting them up.

Here is a copy of the letter in case anyone needs to use it.

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable.

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X