• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tucan Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tucan Claims

I'm just going from here http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...handling-money

I just didn't want to accuse them of not having a license if they don't need one but there are specific requirements to handling client money and I'd bet a cotton chomping dollar that Tucan don't comply.

Comment

There's no 'Tucan Claims' registered as holding a Consumer Credit license here Public Register

Comment

That section is for estate Agents pacifically. But I guess it would cover types of businesses.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I'm just going from here http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...handling-money

I just didn't want to accuse them of not having a license if they don't need one but there are specific requirements to handling client money and I'd bet a cotton chomping dollar that Tucan don't comply.

Comment

Last edited by enaid; 26th October 2011, 11:30:AM.

Comment

It says Authorisation Status: Authorised Business

Comment

stop press.......

The Ministry of Justice have suspended Tucan Claims, they have appealed and whilst they waiting for the appeal they are NOT allowed to take any upfront fees until the appeal is heard.
              https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

It says Authorisation Status: Authorised Business

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                stop press.......

The Ministry of Justice have suspended Tucan Claims, they have appealed and whilst they waiting for the appeal they are NOT allowed to take any upfront fees until the appeal is heard.
                Hurray!

Comment

Tucan Claims - the PPI compo firm with a big bill

Tucan Claims - the PPI compo firm with a big bill - Investigations

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
                    Tucan Claims - the PPI compo firm with a big bill

Tucan Claims - the PPI compo firm with a big bill - Investigations
                    See post #7 ---> link

Can I sue for breach of copyright? :rofl:

Comment

The MOJ have posted an update on Tucan's Tribunal case:

''Parties in negotiations with a view to disposing the case by consent order.''

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/...March-2012.pdf

Whatever that means.

I've asked MOJ for clarification.

Comment

The MOJ have posted an update on Tucan's Tribunal case:

''Parties in negotiations with a view to disposing the case by consent order.''

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/...March-2012.pdf

Whatever that means.

I've asked MOJ for clarification.
                        It means it will be quietly covered up.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          It means it will be quietly covered up.

Well that makes sense, the MOJ must be totally embarrassed as to the fact they issue licenses to these firms time and time again with obviously little or no vetting before they issue the licences.
                          Often it is the same people or the same area of the country that pop up with a new firm with the same old scams.
                          They should be at the very least made to divulge where they get peoples details from as it seems too much of a coincidence that the people are very often the most vulnerable.

I think if it is done under wraps then the MOJ should be made accountable for all the people who have been duped by these firms and compensate.
                          As money seem to be the only thing any of these institutes are concerned with then the only way they will buck up is to hit them where it hurts.

If they don't 'Buck up' then IMHO they should 'Buck off'

Comment

Not only do the MOJ charge for these companies to be licensed they also earn a percentage of their turn over so you work that one out heads MOJ win + Tails MOJ win.

The MOJ is not independant enough to be able to properly scrutinise the shady dealings of the CMC's. It is not in their interest to dispose of these CMC's as their income would deplete. This is the moden day Robin hood where the govenment are licenising companies to rip ogf the public.

We really need an independant authority who are able to look at each CMC who have had complaints against them and for them to be ruthless in sifting these out once and for all and make sure that they dont pop up again like cartel/grassroots have.

Originally posted by enaid View Post

Well that makes sense, the MOJ must be totally embarrassed as to the fact they issue licenses to these firms time and time again with obviously little or no vetting before they issue the licences.
                            Often it is the same people or the same area of the country that pop up with a new firm with the same old scams.
                            They should be at the very least made to divulge where they get peoples details from as it seems too much of a coincidence that the people are very often the most vulnerable.

I think if it is done under wraps then the MOJ should be made accountable for all the people who have been duped by these firms and compensate.
                            As money seem to be the only thing any of these institutes are concerned with then the only way they will buck up is to hit them where it hurts.

Comment

I rather think that what the update means is that the MOJ are trying to pusuede Tucan to drop the appeal (a bit like a summary disposal) as they believe Tucan don't have a case.

Don't forget that MOJ have already suspended Tucan's authorisation and that the hearing was meant to consider Tucan's appeal application against it. By trying to get Tucan to sign a consent order it will save a lot of time.

Anyway I've asked Mike to tell us what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                                .I think if it is done under wraps then the MOJ should be made accountable for all the people who have been duped by these firms and compensate.

And when they can be shewn to have phuqued up, should they be told to phuque off?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X