• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing the DWP and ATOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suing the DWP and ATOS

Nutter

Comment

Do they parade around topless for their Raising? :rofl:

Comment

If I told you that I'd have to kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post

Tell Him!!! ooopppsssssss im off

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
            :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by slashpage View Post
              Hiya, I'm new here, just joined this second. I havn't a clue about law just bits and bobs i've picked up. I was wondering if anyone knows a solicitor who would be prepared to take on the DWP as all the solicitors I've tried claim they don't do it, or don't have the expertise to deal with such matters. I know they're all fobbing me off, I know they are all corrupt just like the whole legal sysytem. I want to sue for fraud and harassment. I am prepared to go it alone if I can't find an honest solicitor with some balls. I'd be so incredibly grateful if anyone can help or give me some advice, Thanks a lot Robert :-)
              Hello Slashpage

You have my deep respect FWIW if you take on ATOS - who are IMHO a disgraceful company that soaks up public money intended to help the disabled. It's not an easy task though - as you rightly point out everything is against you.

This might help http://welfarenewsservice.com/atos-i.../#.UWfdP6KG1Fq and there is a brilliant blog (the title is ironic) http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/ where you might find kindred souls and maybe get together a class action.

I'm sorry not to be able to answer your questions but wish you the very best of everything and hope that your endeavour succeeds.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                Hello Slashpage

You have my deep respect FWIW if you take on ATOS - who are IMHO a disgraceful company that soaks up public money intended to help the disabled. It's not an easy task though - as you rightly point out everything is against you.

This might help http://welfarenewsservice.com/atos-i.../#.UWfdP6KG1Fq and there is a brilliant blog (the title is ironic) http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/ where you might find kindred souls and maybe get together a class action.

I'm sorry not to be able to answer your questions but wish you the very best of everything and hope that your endeavour succeeds.

Good luck!
                Thanks for that MissFM, I think I'm certainly going to need it :-) xxx

Comment

From 'Benefits and Work' (see link)

ESA NEWS
                  Disabled claimant David Johnson sued Atos after being forced to walk to an inaccessible medical assessment centre, even though he had told Atos about his access needs on his ESA50 form. The ordeal left him in pain and very fatigued for weeks afterwards. . Although Atos tried to wriggle out of liability by claiming they were not covered by the Equality Act when carrying out ESA medicals, they eventually caved in and paid Johnson £2,000 prior to any hearing taking place. Johnson, who was assisted by the Equality and Human Rights Commission now wants others to follow his example in using the Equality Act to take action against Atos.
                  Members can read the full story and comment here.

Comment

It is a pity they settled.

Comment

can anyone tell me where i can get a copy of the info that atos have sent to dwp.
                      I was bullied by the nurse who did my assessment

i have seizures - epileptic and non epileptic - i had almost feel better about going out.
                      then the wonderful analyst said that normal people would thnk of doing one certain thing.
                      thanx to this ive not gone out and my depression is now even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kazb64 View Post
                        can anyone tell me where i can get a copy of the info that atos have sent to dwp.
                        No - for anyone to tell you that, they'd need to know you have to ask the DWP to send you a copy of the report. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by slashpage View Post
                          Thanks for that MissFM, I think I'm certainly going to need it :-) xxx
                          You are indeed but let's hope that the times they are a-changing. xxx

:yo:

Comment

You are highly unlikely to get anywhere with suing as your appeals have been successful and therefore you have not suffered any financial loss. It is worth putting a complaint in about the medical professional. Makes sure you get their name each time and know what kind of medical proffessional they are so that you can report to the right proffessional body.
                            May be worth speaking to your local CAB about how to go about it. Also, they should be able to pass your story on to the Citizens Advice Social Policy team who have been collecting evidence since ESA started in order to make recommendations for improvement.

Comment

Hi,

When referring the matter to the Parliamentary Ombudsman, who do you aim your forms at once your MP gives them to you? I ask because my MP has asked the same question. All I know is IDS is in charge and I have not been told who my decision maker is and when you phone up DWP or the ATOS lot you get a first name only.

I've just had an operation on my shoulder so my arm is in a sling. Therefore, I a unfit to jump through hoops.

Comment

Actually a friend just called me and said if you address the right department on the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman forms they will locate the head of the department pertaining to your particular case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X