• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdraft default to dca advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdraft default to dca advice

Morning guys! Have 2 debts with Lowell, both originally from over 6 years again so presumably statue barred as no payments or acknowledgement of debt has been made. Sent a prove it letter last week and informed of statue barred. They replied basically saying its not,without any proof, just a default month/year with 6 years and another demand of payment.

I completely disagree with they're supposed default date, especially consider both debts have an identical default date, yet from 2 entirely different sources (is this just a coinicedence?).

First account is a bank overdraft that spiralled because if charges. Second was a home loan. So no CCA for the overdraft and haven't even sent a prove it letter for the other yet.

Just looking for advice on my next response, i.e what proof to ask for specifically? Is it worth sending an SAR to the original creditor? Should I mention the default dates being the same?

Any advice appreciated. Have a great day beagles!

Jason
    Tags: None

In order to establish the default date it is probably wise to send a a SAR to the original creditor as they should show the default date. Are both accounts from different original creditors ?

The current situation seems to be the limitations clock starts from the remedy date of the default notice but that is not necessarily related to the date of default on your credit file - the two are different

How close to statute barred would the debt be if the date they said was accurate

Comment

Thanks Warwick, both accounts are from completely separate creditors, one a bank, the other a provident type loan. If sending a SAR, will the bank still hold relevant information after all this time? And would I inform the DCA that I'm doing this?

If the date the have provided is correct (default May 2012, last payment June 2012) the I guess 5 months for the latter.

Many thanks

Comment

Any further advice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X