• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart Symmetric Systems Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart Symmetric Systems Ltd

Hi Noticed a thread of yours relating to Mr Simon Smart and whilst I've been trying to find info about him and his company I have been led here so can you help the details of my concern are involving my mother who started a PPI claim with the company Bank Smart, on FEB 20015,initially they got her just over 3000 and took just over a 1000 in commission (exact numbers are available), after this my mother thought the claim was done but they wrote (Bank Smart) to her and said they were still investigating other companies, my mother then contacted them and said she no longer required their services and as far as she was concerned it was done, then they billed her another £600 for cancelling claim which she paid as she wouldn't b in debt to no one, now they have written AGAIN saying they investigating various companies on her behalf, my mother doesn't want anything more to do with them, on receiving this info from my mother I looked up Bank Smart and at the bottom of their website it says Symmetric Systems operating as Smart Bank but companies house says Smart Bank is dissolved but Symmetric Systems is listed as active so which one is it ! Something well iffy with these companies could you advise what we should do to end all communication with these companies ASAP as it stands they ended up with almost 2/3 rds of my mums ppi back and still won't leave her alone ! Tried to get a contact no for Bank Smart etc but could not find one online any suggestions be appreciated thanks Gerry
    Tags: None

Re: Bank Smart Symmetric Systems Ltd

"Bank-Smart is a trading name of Symmetric Systems Limited"

Symmetric Systems is the company name. Bank-Smart is their trading name.

Have they been contacting your mother in writing ? Does she have copies of the original paperwork she completed and sent to them ? Any letters etc would be useful if you can redact personal details and upload them, plus the original sign up form.

You should write a formal complaint to them, tell them that the contract ended at the point the original claim was concluded and your mother paid their commission, and that you want the £600 refunded, and no further contact or harassment from them. We'll give you a hand if you like once we know what their letters say, what exactly they are claiming the contract stated and why they have charged that first cancellation fee at all, and why that cancellation fee seems to have been ignored and they are still insisting they are working on her behalf.

Then wait for their final resolution letter and take a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman Service.

Bank-Smart are quite well known for this kind of behaviour, as you'll have noticed if you have read any threads on the forum.

[MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just echoing what Amethyst said really.

Sadly this is typical of Bank Smart. If we could see the correspondence and particularly the letter of authority your mother signed (which gives Bank Smart your mother's consent for them to approach specific lenders on her behalf) and we can help you with a formal complaint which would then allow you to go to the Legal Ombudsman should they not offer a resolution to your satisfaction.

It's almost certain that they shouldn't have charged your mother a cancellation fee. Their modus operandi is to charge cancellation fees for work that the customer didn't ask them to perform.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for your response to my enquiry and sorry for delay in reply. I will be seeing my mother on Wednesday and she is going to give me documents between her and Bank Smart do you have an email address I can send them to or will I post them on here. Thanks again

Comment

Post on here or email admin@legalbeagles.info - make sure you redact all your personal data if you post them direct on here xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Morning, Just received all your docs so having a good read through them and will come back to you later xxx

One thing though could you check your Mum's bank account and check that she received 3318 from HBOS and not 4375. I think I've sussed where the overcharge occured and it seems to be a miscom from BOS and laziness by BankSmart.

The rest is just batty so just working through it logically xxx
            Last edited by Amethyst; 11th October 2016, 09:47:AM.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just some maths...

Amounts paid to Bank Smart

Claim Ref:
              137916 - HBOS PPI - £ 1323.63
              144250 - St Andrews/Creation 'breach of contract' - £ 404.40
              144247 - Redcats 'breach of contract' - £ 253.80
              144247 - ( document request fee - Redcats ) - £10.00
              135110 - GE Money/ Burtons fee from refund - £24.66

TOTAL PAID = - £2016.49

Amounts that were actually Owed to Bank Smart

25%+VAT of refund from HBOS - REFUND £3318.40 - Fee = £829.50 plus VAT@20% = 995.40 Plus (dubiously) £11 document request fees = TOTAL DUE - £1006.40

25%+VAT of refund from GE Money ( Burtons card) - refund £82.21 - fee £20.55+VAT@20% of £4.11 = £24.66

TOTAL OWED = £1031.06

Difference ( overpayment ) - £985.43 ( inc £658.20 for 'breach of contract' payments)
              Last edited by Amethyst; 11th October 2016, 11:32:AM.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Thanks for info so it looks like they owe us more than we originally thought due to them being overpaid, I have checked with my mother and she says
                it was definitely the £3318 she received from HBOS and not the £4375, thanks again for your assistance, let me know if you need any further info for compiling the draught letter.

Best regards

Gerry

Comment

Hi Gerry

I can help you draft the complaint but firstly does your mother have the letter(s) of authority that she signed for Bank Smart, which gives them your mother's consent for them to speak with the lenders?

If she signed it/them in 2015 they should look like this. We need to establish which lenders/claims she entered in the top box.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    Hi Gerry

I can help you draft the complaint but firstly does your mother have the letter(s) of authority that she signed for Bank Smart, which gives them your mother's consent for them to speak with the lenders?

If she signed it/them in 2015 they should look like this. We need to establish which lenders/claims she entered in the top box.
                    Unfortunately there isn't a copy in the documents I have and I believe I have everything Gerry's mum had kept hold of. We should request a copy of course. However there is a letter from Bank Smart saying 'thank you for sending copies of your credit file' so I would guess they requested those to see what else they could try to claim on. I can't see the actual request for the info though so don't know how it was worded.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by GerryC2016 View Post
                      Hi Thanks for info so it looks like they owe us more than we originally thought due to them being overpaid, I have checked with my mother and she says
                      it was definitely the £3318 she received from HBOS and not the £4375, thanks again for your assistance, let me know if you need any further info for compiling the draught letter.

Best regards

Gerry
                      Thanks Gerry - I thought as much - I can see where they got 'confused' from the wording on the HBOS letter, but they have still overcharged on the commission on that claim so that one should be quite straightforward. I will scan in a copy tomorrow so EXC can take a look at the wording of it too.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi again guys I spoken with my mother and she advised she did not get any copies of the documents she signed and sent back to Bank Smart and as far as she is aware she only gave permission for them to investigate a PPI claim with HBOS / Burton card but to be honest I don't think she knew what she was signing, she also says she has never heard of Redcats etc, what do you think our chances are of getting the overpaid monies back. Thanks again for your assistance with this matter.
                        Best regards
                        Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by GerryC2016 View Post
                          Hi again guys I spoken with my mother and she advised she did not get any copies of the documents she signed and sent back to Bank Smart and as far as she is aware she only gave permission for them to investigate a PPI claim with HBOS / Burton card but to be honest I don't think she knew what she was signing, she also says she has never heard of Redcats etc, what do you think our chances are of getting the overpaid monies back. Thanks again for your assistance with this matter.
                          Best regards
                          Gerry
                          Ok thanks. With most other companies one would normally ask for copies of documents such as letters of authority to justify their charges but Bank Smart are very good at complying with those types of requests so I'm wondering if she should send them a Subject Access Request which should give us everything need (and establish what they don't have) to formulate a complaint.

What do you reckon [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]?

Comment

Hi Amethyst, if that's what you need we will do it, do I just type up a letter and request a Subject Access Request from them or is it a certain document I need to get, or could you contact them and get info direct no sure how to do Subject Access Request thanks,
                            Best regards
                            Gerry

Comment

The advantage of making a formal subject access request (over simply asking for various documents) is that they are legally obliged to provide all the information they hold on the subject.

The request needs to be made in the subject's name ie your mother. You need to enlcose a payment of £10.

Some info here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ection-Act-%29

Suggested draft:

[Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject Access Request

[Your full name and address and any other details to help identify you and the information you want.]

Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to myself. This should include and is not limited to:

• My personnel file;
                              • All contractual agreements between myself and Symmetric Systems Limited;
                              • All Letters of Authority;
                              • All invoices, payments and statements;
                              • All correspondence between Symmetric Systems Limited and my lenders.

If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at
                              www.ico.org.uk

I enclose payment of £10.

Yours faithfully

[Signature]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X