• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hillesden Securities vs darmah900

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillesden Securities vs darmah900

Firstly, hello and I'd like to extend my Christmas Greetings to all the people on here who help folks like me in difficulty!
    I received a Claim Form on 15/12/2015 (dated 11/12/2015) with the Claimant as Hillesden Securities Ltd and the Claimant's solicitors as Restons.
    I acknowledged the claim online with my intention to defend (I believe this is now statute barred, as the car was voluntarily surrendered in September 2009 and I've made no payments since). I sent a CCA to Hillesden and a CPR to Restons (CCA signed for on 22/12/2015, CPR signed for on 23/12/2015).

Particulars of claim as below:

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant (s) under a contract between the Defendant (s) and Black Horse Ltd.
    dated on or about Apr 08 2005 and assigned to the Claimant

PARTICULARS a/c no ***********

DATE ITEM VALUE
    10/11/2015 Default Balance 2593.50
    Post Refrl Cr NIL

TOTAL 2593.50

On Christmas Eve my CCA request was returned by Cabot Financial (!?) with a letter stating that I sent them a payment (postal order) which could not be cashed as it was made out to Hillesden Securities (who are the Claimant as detailed on the Court Claim!). The letter gives a completely different reference and gives the original creditor as DLC (the bones of which are as below).

Our Reference: (totally different)

Dear Mr. xxxx

Outstanding Balance : £2788.50
    Creditor: Cabot Financial UK Limited
    Original Creditor: DLC
    Original Reference: (different again!!)

The letter asks me to make my P/O payable to Cabot and also offers "other payment methods" (direct debit, Debit card, standing order, Cabot payment card)

My question is.... who do I send my CCA request to now!? Who am I dealing with?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by darmah900; 28th December 2015, 18:45:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Hillesden Securities vs darmah900

Well, I think I'll just have to send the CCA request back to Hillesden with a blank postal order and see what happens.........

(I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but when I originally tried to post this using the template form it kept saying "message too short")

EDIT: I've just read another post (by Nemesis) stressing that it should be payable to "Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC", so that's what I'll do!
    Last edited by darmah900; 28th December 2015, 22:00:PM.

Comment

I'm going to go with statute barred, as I've had no further replies from Hillesden or Restons. I'll type something up and post it on here I guess.........

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          I'll give @nemesis45 and @Amethyst a shout.
          Good morning [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]. That's either a very early or very late post.

nem:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Noticed yesterday that Hillesden backed down on this one: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post4842638

Sent off CCA Requesticon, Civil Procedureicon for defence and complained to DLC about Mortimer Clarke changing the law to suit themselves.

Complained that they have been informed its statute barred and if they continued, once informed, I would take complaint to all relevant bodies.

Complaint upheld, discontinued, alleged debt permanently wiped.

Comment

Originally posted by darmah900 View Post
              I'm going to go with statute barred, as I've had no further replies from Hillesden or Restons. I'll type something up and post it on here I guess.........
              Good morning Darmah,

Responding to tag from [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]

Statute barred is a complete defence, the non compliance with the CCA request renders the debt unenforceable UNTIL
              a complaint agreement is supplied.

Take a look at some threads with defences to get an idea of content and format, post it here and I'd be pleased to go through it with you.

just tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

nem

Comment

Thanks Nemesis!

How does this look..... and in point 6, should I put the date I sent the first CCA request (the one that Cabot then sent back!)?

Do I send this by post as well as submitting it online?

Many thanks!

Claim No: xxxxxxxxxx
                Between:

Claimant: Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC

and

Defendant: Mr xxxxxxx
                Of: xxxxxxxxx

Defence:

1. I received the claim on 15th December 2015 from the Northampton County Court Business Centre.

2. All statements in the claimant’s statement of claim are denied, unless specifically admitted below.

3. The claimant’s statement is vague and is not fully particularised and does not allow me to fully enter my defence.

4. The claim appears to be in regard to an account with Black Horse Finance Ltd.

5. The defendant admits to entering into an agreement with Black Horse Finance, but holds no documents in regard to it.

6. On date ???????? I sent a request under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the contract mentioned in the statement of the claim to the claimant together with the £1.00 statutory fee.

7. The claimant has not responded to this request.

8. On 21st December 2015 I sent a request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31. 14 for inspection of the documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of claim to Restons Solicitors Ltd.

9. Restons Solicitors Ltd have not responded to this request.

10. The defendant avers that the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim was statute barred under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980 when this claim was issued, no payment or acknowledgment having been made in more than 6 years.

11. The claimant is to be to strict proof that the alleged debt was not statute barred on the relevant date.

12. It is denied that the claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

Statement of truth:

The defendant believes the statements made above are the truth to the best of his knowledge and belief.

Signed: Defendant: Print Name: Dated:

Comment

Thanks Nemesis!

How does this look..... and in point 6, should I put the date I sent the first CCA request (the one that Cabot then sent back!)?

Do I send this by post as well as submitting it online?

Many thanks!

Claim No: xxxxxxxxxx
                  Between:

and

Of: xxxxxxxxx

Defence:

1. I received the claim on 15th December 2015 from the Northampton County Court Business Centre.

2. All statements in the claimant’s statement of claim are denied, unless specifically admitted below.

3. The claimant’s statement is vague and is not fully particularised and does not allow me to fully enter my defence.

4. The claim appears to be in regard to an account with Black Horse Finance Ltd.

5. The defendant admits to entering into an agreement with Black Horse Finance, but holds no documents in regard to it.

6. On date ???????? I sent a request under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the contract mentioned in the statement of the claim to the claimant together with the £1.00 statutory fee.

7. The claimant has not responded to this request.

8. On 21st December 2015 I sent a request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31. 14 for inspection of the documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of claim to Restons Solicitors Ltd.

10. The defendant avers that the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim was statute barred under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980 when this claim was issued, no payment or acknowledgment having been made in more than 6 years.

11. The claimant is to be to strict proof that the alleged debt was not statute barred on the relevant date.

12. It is denied that the claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

Statement of truth:

The defendant believes the statements made above are the truth to the best of his knowledge and belief.

@nemesis45

Comment

Good morning Darmah,
                    Responding to Your PM

Mention both CCA requests, with the first one add the action take i.e. the request was returned etc.
                    Mention the name of the company to which you sent the requests.
                    e.g. On xxxxxx I sent a request under the provision etc. to company name.

tag is [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                    nem

Comment

Thank you Nemesis! I've just got in from work to find my second CCA request has again been returned by Cabot (same covering letter stating that they are the creditor and cannot cash my postal order, etc.).

time's running out for me to get my defence in, so how does this look?

Claim No: XXXXXXX
                      Between:

and

Of:

Defence:

6. On 21st December 2015 I sent a request under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the contract mentioned in the statement of the claim to Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC (the claimant) together with the £1.00 statutory fee. This was delivered and signed for on 22nd December 2015.
                      7. The above request and the £1.00 statutory fee was returned to me on 24th December 2015 by Cabot Financial UK Ltd with a letter stating that they are the creditor and that my payment could not be cashed as it was payable to Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC.

8. On 21st December 2015 I sent a request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31. 14 for inspection of the documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of claim to Restons Solicitors Ltd. This was delivered and signed for on 23rd December 2015.

10. On 29th December 2015 I sent a second request under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the contract mentioned in the statement of the claim to Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC (the claimant) together with the £1.00 statutory fee. This was delivered and signed for on 30th December 2015.
                      11. The above second request and the £1.00 statutory fee was again returned to me on 12th January 2016 by Cabot Financial UK Ltd with a letter stating that they are the creditor and that my payment could not be cashed as it was payable to Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC.

Statement of truth:

@nemesis45

Comment

Hello Darmah,

Can you post a copy of this letter asap after removing all your personal information this
                        is Cabot et al playing silly buggers.

I'll go through your defence asap.

nem.

Comment

Here's today's letter. Interestingly, the first one had the original creditor as DLC (different reference numbers to the court claim) and this one has the original creditor as Black Horse (different reference again!).

Many thanks Nemesis! (I hope I've attached it ok!) @nemesis45
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by darmah900; 12th January 2016, 19:03:PM. Reason: add tag

Comment

Originally posted by darmah900 View Post
                            Here's today's letter. Interestingly, the first one had the original creditor as DLC (different reference numbers to the court claim) and this one has the original creditor as Black Horse (different reference again!).

Many thanks Nemesis! (I hope I've attached it ok!) @nemesis45
                            That's fine Darmah thank you.

Can you please do the same with your Claim Form (N1) I'd like to get top the bottom of this.

nem

Comment

Here it is.

Thanks for the quick replies!

@nemesis45
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X