• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset Collections Investigations Notice Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Collections Investigations Notice Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track

Hello,
    Was hoping for some help please.
    I recently received a court claim from Asset Collections for an alleged debt, approx £1500 relating to a company called Valour Finance/Savvy Loans, including claim interest from 2016. I had not received any previous communication from this company, and have no recollection of getting a loan funded by Valour Finance/ Savvy Loans. I did take a number of Pay Day Loans from 2010-13 but no record of this company. I read a number of posts on this forum and followed the guide, requesting inspection of documents including agreement, default notice, assignment of debt and formal demand.I also requested copy of original agreement, and wrote to the alleged original lender Valour Finance requesting details. I received no replies whatsoever (Valour Finance/ Savvy Loans seem to have closed down).
    Last week I submitted my defence using one of the templates, and explaining I've received no reply. Today I received letter "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track" taking notice of it being defended claim with an attached Form N180 Small Claims Directions Questionnaire. Please could someone give me some guidance with this.
    Should I request mediation? If I do this an in the meantime still do not receive my requested documents, what happens, is there any point in mediation, or would I be wasting time and should I just try to get the case struck out?
    Assuming I should just request my local court? What normally happens with this, does it go to defendants court or could it be assigned to claimants preferred court which will likely be long distance away from me?
    Witnesses - Think this would just be me!?
    Do I need to photocopy and send to claimant? Should I receive copy of their form?
    Any advice on what I should do, and what normally happens in these situations would be much appreciated.
    Kind Regards
    Tags: None

any help on this please? I need t respond to DQ and send tomorrow but still had no details from the claimant (ie credit agreement etc). I would like to mediate but as I dont know any details should I tick no. I've checked online and the claimant responded to DQ last week but has not sent anything to me. Can I get any advice as to what I should do? Thanks

Comment

Return the DQ. If it's not your debt it's not really worth mediating. You want to pay £0, they want the full amount.

With your DQ complain to the court that you have not received the DQ from them. Don't forget to send a copy to the claimant.

Don't lose by not complying with the court requirements.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X