• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

* WON * HENDRIX v British Passport Services!!! - 23rd JULY *WON*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HENDRIX v British Passport Services!!! - 23rd JULY COURT DATE -

I'm assuming that form is an example? As Laura didn't search on google or go on their website

Comment

Yes, if you want just do a chronological list of what happened and when, from when you first decided to get a passport - to going to the post office to when you got the court claim. I can pretty it up later xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks we totally over looked the witness statement bit in the letter!

Comment

So pleased we contacted you. Laura is having a fit but writing furiously! How do we get the statement to the court and are we sending it to Gateshead court? Also it says the opponents need to see the statement/documents how do we send it to BPS?

Comment

Yes, it needs to go to Gateshead court if that's where the hearing is, and also a copy to the claimant at the 12 Deer Park Road address. You should be okay posting it after work tomorrow xxx

You could also email a copy to the court so it is definately on time - would mean giving them a call tomorrow and checking with them. Just having my tea so will look back in later for you xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Witness Statement pretty much done and dusted to go in tomorrow.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Witness statement hand delivered to Gateshead Court today. Nothing received
                yet from Dick I mean Richard Howard.

Comment

Sorted xx Well done.

As I said on email give the court a buzz a week before the hearing ( within 7 days) to see if they have heard from the claimant, then we can think about whether to do a skeleton argument.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

What will it mean if we don't receive a ws from Dicky in the post? Tomorrow is 14 days before the court date isn't it and like you kindly pointed out to us we were cutting it very fine for the 14 days before cut off.

Comment

Also just one other thing to mention, when I hand delivered the ws to Gateshead court I was told to put it in a letter box on the outside of the building. I later rang the court to make sure they could acknowledged receiving it. The girl told me they only open the box at 9am every morning so they wouldn't get it technically till tomorrow. I said well that's a bit unfair when I handed it in today and and it will be in that box overnight till tomorrow!!! She assured me it was ok and we were still in time for handing a ws in! More stress!!!

Comment

It will be fine being logged in tomorrow, as yep that's 14 days before the hearing. Does seem unfair after you made the effort to take it in in person for it to be left in a box overnight, bloody courts are so overworked at the moment.

If you don't get anything from Richard then we can add that to the skeleton argument - I am very loathe to do any applications for strikes on these cases as it costs £155 an application and there's just no guarantee of getting it back - so just a case of either adding to the skels that nothing has been entered or bringing it up during the hearing. When you call court in a week or so you can check with them then if they have received anything, and if not ask if they can put a note to the judge or something.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Sharon, no ws received from bps! No surprise really the whole thing is a farce! We have checked with court and our ws was received in time. I've been phoning bps offices but there seems to be no one taking calls!! :-)))

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix View Post
                            Hi Sharon, no ws received from bps!
                            So you AND the court didn't receive a BPS witness statement?

I'm not sure you should contact BPS but [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will know whether to.

Comment

Good stuff. I wouldn't chase BPS at all - you have done your bit

See what the situation is next Friday with the court. They may strike of their own accord or you may get to have the hearing and ask for costs for unreasonable behaviour to be considered. We can see what the situation is on Friday and put a skeleton argument in on Monday if we want to xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not sure if the court got one we will check on Monday. We only asked if our ws was in on time and registered on their system.

- - - Updated - - -

I was only ringing to see if they were open (BPS) to receive our ws we sent tracked and signed guarantee post. We have the proof we sent it that way but what if they are closed and can't take delivery of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X