• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bad treatment in hospital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad treatment in hospital

Privatetrey, there should be a patient liason service at the hospital. I know my local one is called PALS, and they would handle any concerns that you have in relation to the issue of communication and other issues you have said above. Give them a call and explain your situation and how you feel.

As has been said, each person has a different experience of hospitals to each other; some good experiences and others bad experiences(I can say that both have happened with relations of mine). See how you get on and once you have a resolution then please can you post up with what you did and how it was resolved.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Privatetrey, there should be a patient liason service at the hospital. I know my local one is called PALS, and they would handle any concerns that you have in relation to the issue of communication and other issues you have said above. Give them a call and explain your situation and how you feel.

As has been said, each person has a different experience of hospitals to each other; some good experiences and others bad experiences(I can say that both have happened with relations of mine). See how you get on and once you have a resolution then please can you post up with what you did and how it was resolved.
      I was dreading reading the comment thinking it's another attack lol... Thanx for the advice; I wrote my complain letter after discussing with my GP and it shall be on first class tomorrow only because I don't want to be treated that way when I return to receive further treatment. But like I said have attended hospital in my area for operations and never experienced anything like that or maybe they were just having a rough day but mine was worse. Thank you though..👍

Comment

Most complaints to hospitals are regarding the attitude and general behaviour of staff. For staff it is just another dreary day at work but what they fail to appreciate is that for the patients this may be the worst day of their lives. Patients are frightened and usually in pain or uncomfortable. I am fed up of bad manners and ignorant behaviour being excused by waving the ‘we are overworked’ flag.
        In many cases the surgery list has to be juggled around and this could be due to a medical emergency (car accident or other trauma) or as pointed out above due to the condition or needs of the other patients. If the staff had the courtesy to take 10 seconds out of their busy schedule to simply say ‘I am sorry but due to x y or z you have been moved to the end of the list all this Hu ha could have been avoided. If the anaesthetist had the manners to recognise the patient was the most important person in the room, just for 10 seconds, and addressed them in a courteous manner and simply explained what they were doing then again, no issues. How long does it take to say, ‘sorry, we are a bit cramped in here so we may have to jiggle you about a bit? Now you are going to feel a bit warm and drowsy’.
        Now I have a number of friends who work in the medical profession and they totally agree. It is essential to remain emotionally detached to a certain extent but there is absolutely no reason why patients should have to put up with this sort of rude behaviour. This attitude of staff is due to the Fact that you cannot vote with your feet as you would in a normal commercial situation and it is also due to the fact that many have a ‘god complex’. They assume a very miss-place attitude of authority and see the patients as vulnerable idiots who are beneath them. The ‘be quiet I am doing what is best for you’ attitude.
        Yes, it is a tough job which I admit I could not do. Yes they have to deal with abusive and often violent patients but so do many others. If you do not have a vocation and you do not like your job then b***er off and get one you like and stop turning an unpleasant experience into a nightmare.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
          Most complaints to hospitals are regarding the attitude and general behaviour of staff. For staff it is just another dreary day at work but what they fail to appreciate is that for the patients this may be the worst day of their lives. Patients are frightened and usually in pain or uncomfortable. I am fed up of bad manners and ignorant behaviour being excused by waving the ‘we are overworked’ flag.
          In many cases the surgery list has to be juggled around and this could be due to a medical emergency (car accident or other trauma) or as pointed out above due to the condition or needs of the other patients. If the staff had the courtesy to take 10 seconds out of their busy schedule to simply say ‘I am sorry but due to x y or z you have been moved to the end of the list all this Hu ha could have been avoided. If the anaesthetist had the manners to recognise the patient was the most important person in the room, just for 10 seconds, and addressed them in a courteous manner and simply explained what they were doing then again, no issues. How long does it take to say, ‘sorry, we are a bit cramped in here so we may have to jiggle you about a bit? Now you are going to feel a bit warm and drowsy’.
          Now I have a number of friends who work in the medical profession and they totally agree. It is essential to remain emotionally detached to a certain extent but there is absolutely no reason why patients should have to put up with this sort of rude behaviour. This attitude of staff is due to the Fact that you cannot vote with your feet as you would in a normal commercial situation and it is also due to the fact that many have a ‘god complex’. They assume a very miss-place attitude of authority and see the patients as vulnerable idiots who are beneath them. The ‘be quiet I am doing what is best for you’ attitude.
          Yes, it is a tough job which I admit I could not do. Yes they have to deal with abusive and often violent patients but so do many others. If you do not have a vocation and you do not like your job then b***er off and get one you like and stop turning an unpleasant experience into a nightmare.
          Thanx for the kind advice makes me feel like I did the right thing with complaint letter. some people take the treatment I received so likely. Thanx u to pple like u who understand how stressful it is.

Comment

In Hospitals as everywhere else its lack of communication that's the Major problem

Comment

When we go out for a special meal or strike out on the holiday of a lifetime we want good polite service. When we are in hospital it is absolutely essential.
              These days more emphasis is being place on the whole healthy mind, healthy body philosophy. A positive mental attitude accounts for a huge part in our healing. High blood pressure is not just dangerous to our health, it is the reason why many operations are cancelled.
              I DID NOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP; IT IS THE PRECHING OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION.
              The worst hours and days of our lives will probably be in a hospital or similar environment either as a patient or a relative. Molière once wrote ‘I have barely enough strength to deal with the illness never mind the Doctor’. I agree. Is it not enough to have to put up with the fear, pain and discomfort of the condition without having to tolerate surely and downright rude medical staff?
              How overworked should you be before you have no time to Smile at a worried patient? How busy do you need to get for rudeness to be acceptable? If you have worked a long shift and at some stage a patient told you to **** off is it therefore acceptable to ignore the questions of another patient who is clearly distressed and frightened? If you consider yourself underpaid then is it therefore fine and dandy to ignore a patients questions or fail to explain any delays or unusual manoeuvrings?
              Most of us are calm, tolerant and non-aggressive but it is a fact that aggression begets aggression.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
              ~ Anonymous

Comment

AND ANOTHER THING (Sorry but you are leaning against an open door with me and the medical profession!!!!)
                One of my friends is an anaesthetist. She was talking to an elderly patient about what would happen when she was taken down to surgery. A junior doctor walked up to them and just started talking over the patient. My friend excused herself and took the junior doctor to one side told her, with some vigour, that her behaviour was unacceptable. I have heard that she is adored by the patients especially the more vulnerable such as the very old or young. She is also a star with relatives but she is planning to leave the medical profession. Why? Because she cannot stand the bullies and bureaucrats she is forced to work with.She often has to do many of the jobs assigned to nurses such as shaving, washing or otherwise preparing patients for surgery. Many of the excuses the Nurses give her is ‘too smelly’ or ‘I don’t really like doing that’!!!!
                The NHS have contracted out the cleaning services and as a result our hospitals are filthy. They have contracted out the catering and patients are now being fed reheated rubbish with unacceptably high salt and sugar content. Now they are allowing the staff to make care, comfort and basic courtesy things of memory.
                The origin of the word Nurse meant to Nourish. It is also a word that over the centuries, became synonymous with comfort and care. A Nurse was another name for a Nanny who offered maternal solace and was responsible for the wellbeing of those who could not help themselves.
                There are remarkable, caring and compassionate people working in the Medical profession but their numbers are dwindling. They are being pushed out by bullies and malingerers who make a mockery of their job titles and the original principles of the NHS.

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                  AND ANOTHER THING (Sorry but you are leaning against an open door with me and the medical profession!!!!)
                  One of my friends is an anaesthetist. She was talking to an elderly patient about what would happen when she was taken down to surgery. A junior doctor walked up to them and just started talking over the patient. My friend excused herself and took the junior doctor to one side told her, with some vigour, that her behaviour was unacceptable. I have heard that she is adored by the patients especially the more vulnerable such as the very old or young. She is also a star with relatives but she is planning to leave the medical profession. Why? Because she cannot stand the bullies and bureaucrats she is forced to work with.She often has to do many of the jobs assigned to nurses such as shaving, washing or otherwise preparing patients for surgery. Many of the excuses the Nurses give her is ‘too smelly’ or ‘I don’t really like doing that’!!!!
                  The NHS have contracted out the cleaning services and as a result our hospitals are filthy. They have contracted out the catering and patients are now being fed reheated rubbish with unacceptably high salt and sugar content. Now they are allowing the staff to make care, comfort and basic courtesy things of memory.
                  The origin of the word Nurse meant to Nourish. It is also a word that over the centuries, became synonymous with comfort and care. A Nurse was another name for a Nanny who offered maternal solace and was responsible for the wellbeing of those who could not help themselves.
                  There are remarkable, caring and compassionate people working in the Medical profession but their numbers are dwindling. They are being pushed out by bullies and malingerers who make a mockery of their job titles and the original principles of the NHS.
                  OK, I just wanted to comment on the cleaners thing cos I've worked in an NHS hospital as a cleaner and my brother worked as a cleaner for over 10 years in an NHS Hospital for a private hospital. Cleaning in an NHS Hospital has a lot higher standards than office cleaning has. The areas are checked internally and by the NHS hospital every two weeks on high risk areas and every 4 weeks on non high risk areas. Now, I don't necessarily agree that hospitals are dirty but I do believe that private companies within hospitals DO have issues by taking the money they are given for the contract and attempting to make money on that contract by hiring people who don't do the job properly and by paying them less and demotivating them. I personally was underpaid(union dealt with this), had consultation on cutting hours(I took redundancy). I can't speak for all hospitals but the one I worked for was clean but staff were demotivated due to the private companies actions.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

For every Complaint about anything in the NHS there are no doubt more compliments!
                    Problem in the NHS as well as all other industries/services is PEOPLE as Leclerc said about the Junior Doctor and the Anaesthetist its 2 people doing the same type of job One cares the other comes across rude this is life sorry to say.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X