• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forthcoming ATOS assessment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forthcoming ATOS assessment.

A short update;- apologies, to anyone interested, for the delay, not so good for a few days. I turned up for an assessment a couple of weeks ago, as directed, and upon introducing myself, and presenting several forms of ID, was asked: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?", despite having a friend confirm, the day before, that it would be so. "Yes.", "Ok, fill in these forms.". Half an hour later: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?". "Yes, of course." Another half an hour later: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?" "Yes.", by now, more than a little stressed and anxious as I had been unable to get anyone to accompany me,and my appointment was now an hour past its time. "Well, I'm sorry, there's a problem, we are cancelling your assessment for today, we'll write to let you know when to come in again.".

Comment

Originally posted by Cynic View Post
      A short update;- apologies, to anyone interested, for the delay, not so good for a few days. I turned up for an assessment a couple of weeks ago, as directed, and upon introducing myself, and presenting several forms of ID, was asked: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?", despite having a friend confirm, the day before, that it would be so. "Yes.", "Ok, fill in these forms.". Half an hour later: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?". "Yes, of course." Another half an hour later: "Do you still want your assessment recorded?" "Yes.", by now, more than a little stressed and anxious as I had been unable to get anyone to accompany me,and my appointment was now an hour past its time. "Well, I'm sorry, there's a problem, we are cancelling your assessment for today, we'll write to let you know when to come in again.".
      I do hope you recorded that!
      Seriously!
      & I would write, via recorded delivery, to get them to confirm this debacle, & to ask the reason why it was cancelled, & why they didn't tell you beforehand, as they had been forewarned of the request for recording.
      Absolutely shoddy treatment, if you ask me!
      so par for the course.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I did have the sense to get the manager to write on my appointment letter confirmation that they had cancelled, she stated the reason as being "delays".

Comment

I did have the sense to get the manager to write on my appointment letter confirmation that they had cancelled, she stated the reason as being "delays".
          Did you retain a copy of that statement or did they take it away to be filed/lost?

Comment

Can you smell it?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No, I have the original, not sure if she copied it, or not, but she actually wrote the statement on my appointment letter, and signed it. I am sufficiently paranoid not to trust anyone, but her manner did seem reasonably genuine and sympathetic to what I imagine must have been my obvious distress.

Comment

I think you should complain about this as well. They knew you wanted your assessment recording; they didn't have the equipment there to facilitate this request and they didn't inform you of their failure to have the necessary equipment available in advance. You paid travel costs unnecessarily to get there and back, you suffered undue stress (which may be relevant to your illness), you had 90 minutes of your time wasted and you were asked to complete a form - what was this form?

This is all completely unsatisfactory and at minimum they should apologise and refund your travel costs.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  I think you should complain about this as well. They knew you wanted your assessment recording; they didn't have the equipment there to facilitate this request and they didn't inform you of their failure to have the necessary equipment available in advance. You paid travel costs unnecessarily to get there and back, you suffered undue stress (which may be relevant to your illness), you had 90 minutes of your time wasted and you were asked to complete a form - what was this form?

This is all completely unsatisfactory and at minimum they should apologise and refund your travel costs.
                  I believe they do that anyway if requested.
                  Compensation, an apology & an honest explanation should be forthcoming.

& :flypig:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Can you smell it?
                    Trimethylamine, putrescine or carbonyl sulphide?

(Rotting fish, rotting flesh and rotting cabbages, respectively.)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Trimethylamine, putrescine or carbonyl sulphide?

(Rotting fish, rotting flesh and rotting cabbages, respectively.)
                      I smelled putrescine enough times when I was in the police force, Cloggy. It's a smell you never forget.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If a leg has been amputated, make sure the idiots know which foot has healed satisfactorily. (link)

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post

The woman did seem genuinely apologetic and sympathetic, certainly the suspense of waiting made me very agitated, I can't remember exactly what was on the forms;- I think it was mostly agreement to some terms regarding data protection for the recorded assessment which then did not take place. As for expenses, because I wasn't feeling that good to start with, I didn't want to take the bus (being with strangers freaks me sometimes), and it's only a mile or so from home to the centre, so I walked.

Comment

I walked.
                            So you're not really disabled? :bolt:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              So you're not really disabled? :bolt:
                              Thank you;= try reading my original post.

Comment

Thank you;= try reading my original post.
                                :rofl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X