• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tax credit 'random' reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax credit 'random' reviews

Every year we receive the renewal pack in late may, with a return date of July. Without fail, by end of may we always receive a letter saying we have been selected for 'random review' and must send in a years worth of things like bank statements, childcare receipts etc etc. This years turned up today and they wish to review all of 2010-2011.

Now, I can understand the need to ensure things are ship shape, but is sending the same claimants "random" reviews allowed when they happen every year like clockwork? I could understand if perhaps in the past something had been found amiss or wrong, but thats simply not the case with us.

Our life is hard enough as it is, my wife has 2 disabilities and 3 out of 4 of our children are disabled. Why is there all this scrutiny all the time? Is there anything we can do about stopping these 'random' reviews every year? They are hardly random if they happen without fail every year.
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
    Tags: None

Re: tax credit 'random' reviews

That doesn't sound like random to me.
    I am not a professional so can not offer advice.

Maybe call them and ask "why again is this a random review" see what their answer is.
    When my mum tried to claim for working tax credits they at first refused, my dad had been out of work for over a year by then, but when she called them, they changed their mind!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X