• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Income support overpayment repayments from dla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income support overpayment repayments from dla

Hello

The dwp debt management have been taking regular payments of £39 from my dla for 18 months now for an overpayment of income support made previously ( my fault I inadvertedly filled in the original form wrong)

When they started taking money from my dla they wanted originally £90 a month

but as we are on pension guarantee credit they reduced the payments to £39 monthly saying that was the limit they could take if you were receiving pension credit

I have just had a letter from them saying they now are going to take £94 a month.

I rang them and they said I would need to fill in a income form and they might reduce the payments.

My feeling is that nothing has changed in our pension credit guarantee payments so why should I pay more and why should I fill in the form.

If they have limts for people to pay less on pension credit has that changed?
    Last edited by deezel; 16th April 2011, 14:49:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Income support overpayment repayments from dla

Basically because if you don't they will take £94 per month from you. However unfair it is, this is how they work!

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      Basically because if you don't they will take £94 per month from you. However unfair it is, this is how they work!
      yes, but if there is indeed guidelines or rules for people who are recipients of pension credit guarantee which in itself is acceptance by the dwp of limited income then why should they suddenly increase their demands?

Comment

Perhaps they need the form filled in to confirm there is no change in your circumstances.
        Is no longer here

Comment

new financial year , they're checking your circustances out again

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
            new financial year , they're checking your circustances out again
            maybe, but this doesn't actually answer the original question ie: if there is a rule or guideline which caps the repayment amounts concerning recipients of pension credit then forms shouldn't really enter the argument.

receiving pension credit guarantee is a statement in itself of income!

Comment

Originally posted by deezel View Post
              l

receiving pension credit guarantee is a statement in itself of income!
              Maybe they need to confirm that you are still receiving PCG?

The whole point is that they need to check whether or not your circumstances have changed, and they need this confirming by you, hence the point of filling in the form.

personally I fail to see what the big deal is. Fact is if you don;t fill it in you are likely to be paying more, so you might as well fill it in and get it done with.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                Maybe they need to confirm that you are still receiving PCG?

The whole point is that they need to check whether or not your circumstances have changed, and they need this confirming by you, hence the point of filling in the form.

personally I fail to see what the big deal is. Fact is if you don;t fill it in you are likely to be paying more, so you might as well fill it in and get it done with.
                Rang again today and apparently I was not listed as receiving PCG

I've now been told they will re-adjust the payments back to £39.

The objection is that it would be a totally unnecessary exercise

Comment

Originally posted by deezel View Post
                  Rang again today and apparently I was not listed as receiving PCG

I've now been told they will re-adjust the payments back to £39.

The objection is that it would be a totally unnecessary exercise

Doesn't that just prove the point? You weren't listed as receiving PCG. If you had completed the form and returned it, it would have been noticed that you were receiving PCG, as presumably you would have stated so on the form, so hardly an unnecessary exercise. It is unnecessary now (presumably) because of the phone call you've made, which was in effect just another way of confirming your circumstances.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                    Doesn't that just prove the point? You weren't listed as receiving PCG. If you had completed the form and returned it, it would have been noticed that you were receiving PCG, as presumably you would have stated so on the form, so hardly an unnecessary exercise. It is unnecessary now (presumably) because of the phone call you've made, which was in effect just another way of confirming your circumstances.
                    The point it proves is that there systems were at fault because I was on the record as having PCG, then suddenly I wasn't.

Also it took three phone calls to find a person willing to sort it out, hopefully.

Thirdly, to summarily put a persons repayments up without explanation ( original notification) should be a no no, shall I go on..............?

Comment

Please do.
                      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X