• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Has anybody been refused EVERYTHING???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody been refused EVERYTHING???

Hi there all.

I'm just wondering if there's anybody out there who has been officially deemed to be too sick/injured to work, but due to NI payments and marital status, are unable to get the usual benefits.

EG.

Can’t get any sort of ESA
    Can’t get any sort of DLA
    Can’t get any sort of IB or IS
    Can’t get any sort of hardship allowance because your name is on the house deeds
    Surely there must be others like me out there but I’ve not found any on t’internet yet.

Cheerz all!
    Tags: None

Re: Has anybody been refused EVERYTHING???

Hello bob,
    Think you may get a reply to your post if you give a little more detail as to why you have been refused etc.
    Enaid x

Comment

Because I had worked and owned half a property which my ex stayed in I was unable to get income support, council tax benefit or housing benefit. I got IS for the first 26 weeks though.

Do you live in the property ? If not do you rent from the LA or privately ? Who lives in the property.
      Is the equity over 6k ?
      Is the equity over £16k ?
      Do you have a partner that works ?
      I assume you havent worked at least one full tax years of the past three tax years either ref the contributory benefits ?
      Any children ?

We do need to know a bit more on your situation to advise.

Have you applied for ESA/DLA and been turned down ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry, my previous post had a lot of explanation in it.

Basically:

I have a confirmed back condition since 2008
        Been through DWP hoops regarding ATOS examination
        Not enough of the right NI contributions for IB
        Not disabled enough for DLA - (Appealing.)
        Living with working partner - No IS. - BTW I am dependant on her but apparently in law I'm not a dependant so she gets no help.
        Gift from parents was a share in our house - so I have over £16,000 on the property.so no medical help or hardship claim.

Called DWP to try and get ESA , they couldnt do anything coz they havn't reset my claim.

Every single wall I try to climb over I just end up repeatedly banging my head against.

Please have a look at my other post - No benefits but pay us back £7388.61

Many thanks as always

Bob

Comment

Ahh sorry it didnt click will check back on your other post.

You live in the property so the capital limit shouldnt be an issue however your partners income will go against any means tested benefits..such as income related ESA and IS (as you have found out due to their cock up)

How much does your partner earn and how many hrs a week do they work ?

Do you receive Work Tax Credits (as a couple) ?

If they have classed you as not disabled enough for DLA then its likely you would be in the working group for income related ESA, and the amount would be reduced to nothing due to your partners income I expect.

My only income now I have a working partner is for the children, child tax credit and child benefit - nothing for me, which is tough (mentally more than financially)
          Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd February 2011, 17:22:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

HI BOB . 23
            I too am in the same boat. Lost job 2008 cant claim anything . Wife retired so she gets state pension and small works pension. Still paying Mortgage on house. Paying credit cards through CCCS. Started work at 15 , Now im 60. and on scrap heap. Job centre told me i am entitled to £2 a week. Cost £5 to go on bus . So told me not to bother. Best of luck to you.

Comment

dont foget that you are able to claim expenses fo signing on . most beople don't but in your case it may be woorthwhile. cheapest method prob bus if over fixed dist.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X