• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PIP Assessment, can somebody else answer questions on my behalf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIP Assessment, can somebody else answer questions on my behalf?

Hello :-)
    I have my assessment for PIP on Wednesday February 19th and I am extremely anxious and nervous about this.

I am just wondering if it would be possible for my Mum to answer questions on my behalf. It is going to be a home assessment, and I am so nervous about this that ideally I would like to be in another room entirely.

Is my Mum answering questions on my behalf something that the assessor will be willing to do?
    Tags: None

Might allow it.
    The claimant is supposed to answer, but if finding it difficult your mother should* be allowed to take part in the discussion

I was allowed to help my son, but when he "lost it" and left the room the assessment was terminated.
    You do need to be present.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Might allow it.
      The claimant is supposed to answer, but if finding it difficult your mother should be allowed to take part in the discussion

I was allowed to help my son, but when he "lost it" and left the room the assessment was terminated.
      You do need to be present.

Good luck
      Thank you.
      it does feel like a massive catch 22, as one reason I am claiming is for avoiding social interaction (I only see 3 people in the world, all close family!)*

So I suspect that because I have to interact with the assessor (regardless of how anxious it makes me feel) they are going to write down that I can manage socially, even though this is something that is going to take me extremely out of my comfort zone.

Comment

So make sure they see you out of your comfort zone!

So whilst you may not covertly record the interview on your phone (if it is noticed that your are, the interview will immediately be aborted) your mother should take notes of the questions, your answers and your reaction.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X