• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ESA re-assessment worries on PIP also

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA re-assessment worries on PIP also

Good Evening all

My wife has suffered for many years with depression and it has deteriorated over the past years to a pretty dire state,.

She has been receiving ESA for the past 2 years without the need for sick notes based on the doctors letter that was sent in

Her renewal/re-assessment has arrived and they have said she needs a face to face assessment at local offices which is out of the question as it is difficult to get her out of the house fullstop

The one very big difference since the last assessment is that she now also receives pip at the enhanced rate for daily living and standard rate for mobility

She has also recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

My big question is surely as she is in receipt of enhanced care rate they cannot expect her to go to work?
    Enhanced care means she needs 24hr care to prevent her from self harming/committing suicide so how can she leave me as her carer

This uncertainty is causing her real anxiety and panic attacks what do you suggest?

Should i speak to the ESA dept direct and ask why or just wait?

Her assessment is due for next wednesday and the assessment people have said they will see what the medical experts say.

our shrink has sent a letter saying she cannot be seen anywhere other than home but as mental health is "invisible" they could say she is ok

Any advice will be really appreciated

Sorry for long post
    Tags: None

When my son had a similar situation (required to attend for reassessment when he cannot travel) we suggested a home visit and complained to
    1) the appointment office
    2) the DWP
    3) CEO of maximus (the assessors)
    4)complaints office of Maximus
    5) MP

All letters were marked "CC to ....) so that every recipient knew that everyone was being copied in.

The reassessment was cancelled within three days!

Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X