• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds tsb loan PPI reclaiming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds tsb loan PPI reclaiming

Hi All
    I am now starting on my mothers reclaiming and most will be for PPI.

Here's Account History;

My mother took out a new loan sizeable with LLoyds TSB in 2003 at the age of 69.

This loan was a new loan that paid of an existing loan leaving the residue for other things.she was sold a single premium PPI policy with this new loan.

My mother had claimed on the previous insurance policy after a heart attack in 2001 so the bank were fully aware of her medical history not to mention her age.

She defaulted on the account in late 2004 and started repayments through CCCS.

At the time lloyds Tsb were asked to suspend interest on this account but they didn't.

They are still adding interest and the CCCS payments do not even cover this.

My Question is

Can she reclaim the PPI?

Any Advise would be welcomed
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Re: Lloyds tsb loan PPI reclaiming

Hi scooter,
    I think you will have to have a read of the T&C's of the PPI, they should have been supplied with the loan and PPI.
    Although PPI is usually for working people, I do believe some have an age limit of 70 on them so this you will need to check.
    Also it may state they will not pay again on a condition that has previously been claimed on.
    There are also many other reasons the PPI may have been mis sold some easier to prove than others. Have a read of the PPI info in this forum.
    The FOS will not sort this out for you as it's pre Jan 2005.
    I think also any money you do reclaim will go off what is owed and not directly to your mother.
    Hope this helps a little Enaid x

Comment

thankyou Enaid,

That what my mum wants, to have the refunded amount taken off the total outstanding.

At the moment the loan stands at about £4000 more than it was when she took it out.

Even though she is paying via CCCS they haven't stoped adding interest, which I suspect in at a high rate.

We haven't got the original paperwork so don't know all the details.

Is there anyway of getting this either by SAR or cca74 request?

anyone got any tempates or advise on how to proceed.
      Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Hello shooter,
        You could simply write first off and ask for a copy of the T&C's for the PPI from the time the loan was taken out.
        I would though write using the letter in this link http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3818 that suits best (you can adapt them to your own circumstances)
        All the reasons for mis selling are in there so put in as many fits your mums case.
        As for interest being added while your mum is paying back through CCCs, I think in some loan T&C's they have a clause where they an still do this and it's just a matter of if they will or won't. I would have a word with the CCCs though and make sure that they have requested this and the bank has actually refused, can't do any harm imo. Enaid x
        Last edited by Tools; 8th June 2008, 00:22:AM.

Comment

Hi Shooter,

The template letters for SAR and CCA are here

Legal Beagles

Consumer Credit Agreement Templates - Legal Beagles

Good Luck
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X