• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can i claim again if rejected? Capital One credit card ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i claim again if rejected? Capital One credit card ppi

hi guys

I claimed with capital one last year, october 14, they rejected the claim in a letter on 3/11/14. They said i was sent a questionaire for them to gain an understanding of my circumstances at the time i applied, and as i hadnt sent it back they made decision on info available to them. I did send it back, as it was with the application, and they had doctors notes from me which had depression starting 6th april 2002, i applied for the card on 3rd october 2002, whilst i was being treated for depression, iwas on anti depressants for a year and a half

their basis for rejecting was i was fully aware of what ppi was as i ticked the box, however, the box i ticked was on a "short" application form, and it said please enrol me in capital ones payment protection SCHEME not INSURANCE SCHEME, and i was unaware what it was , thinking it was just a scheme, and unaware i would be having to pay for it. They said i received a leaflet explaining the cost etc, and showed me a printed version of the leaflet, however and please dont think im dumb, (i just take things literally) the words on their leaflet say Payment Protection Insurance, so even if i had received a leaflet i would not have associated it with the box i ticked, as it didnt say payment protection SCHEME.

I left it at that, and gave up didnt bother to appeal as i thought they would have paid out if they were able.
    can anyone help me with starting a new complaint please, i paid ppi from 2002 til 2008 and the last 3 yrs were payment of £50 upwards just on ppi.

thanks in advance you beagles have inspired me to fight on after reading all your helpful ideas for other forum members
    Tags: None

Re: can i claim again if rejected? Capital One credit card ppi

I suggest sitting on this for a bit. The FCA are going to be consulting on PPI claims affected by the Plevin ruling, Results expected by the end of the year. It is probable that this will open the gates to many previously rejected claims being approved. So wait a bit longer!

Comment

I have reclaimed against J D Williams .I first claimed in 2014, then asked them to look at the mis selling again in Feb 2015 .No luck ,so filled in an ombudsman form with all details and sent it off to J D Williams today. I previously left it too late to go to the ombudsman,but will send it this time if not successful. They seem a difficult company to deal with. I had ppi from1985 to 2008.! Not requested it. I wondered if anyone else had dealings with this company ,and if they were successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
        I suggest sitting on this for a bit. The FCA are going to be consulting on PPI claims affected by the Plevin ruling, Results expected by the end of the year. It is probable that this will open the gates to many previously rejected claims being approved. So wait a bit longer!
        thankyou, apologies for delayed response

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tatton Lady View Post
        I have reclaimed against J D Williams .I first claimed in 2014, then asked them to look at the mis selling again in Feb 2015 .No luck ,so filled in an ombudsman form with all details and sent it off to J D Williams today. I previously left it too late to go to the ombudsman,but will send it this time if not successful. They seem a difficult company to deal with. I had ppi from1985 to 2008.! Not requested it. I wondered if anyone else had dealings with this company ,and if they were successful.
        thankyou. No dealings with j d williams

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X