• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

Opened 2012 was paying £8 a month was promised mobile insurance , car insurance with green flag breakdown, travel insurance , identity theft cover , taste card. Can't find the paperwork. It increased 2013 to £10 again no notification of the increase I only noticed this the other day . I didn't use any of the benefits. I just had a current account as was upgraded as I was told I needed it as I was in university . I didn't have a car aswell! I've been pushed to get the next package account and was humiliated at the welcome desk when I told her I didn't need it as back then I didn't have a car. I passed my test and had to pay out twice for car insurance and mobile insurance and travel insurance as when I tried to claim i was told I wasn't covered! Paid around £400 into the account so far .i got it as I said they told me I needed it when I went back for my postgraduate course 'adult account' I didn't want it and I told them I didn't need it, but the lady was telling me how I was saving a lot just to pay £8 . Even though she knew I had nothing to insure minus a phone which was already insured . I can't believe they increased it to £10 and didn't tell me. I didn't contact natwest yet as I didn't know where I stood? What could I claim for? The refund for the £400 plus 8% interest? Can I claim anything else I.e paying insurance elsewhere as they didn't cover me?
    Any help would be great! Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: please help

You need to write to your bank, telling them you believe you were mis sold this account, and give the reasons eg:
    • I was not told I could have a free bank account instead
    • I was told I had to have this bank account as I was a university student
    • I already had mobile phone insurance
    • I had no need for Green Flag recovery as I had no car
    • Finish the letter:
      If my complaint is upheld I require a refund of all the fees I have paid for this account from [insert date / the date it was opened].
      I also wish to be transferred to your standard current account.

This will kick start the process

Comment

Thank you
      do you think i would be able to claim for anything else? Ive seen some post who claimed compensation. unsure if thats because the were paying insurance out twice.
      many thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      You need to write to your bank, telling them you believe you were mis sold this account, and give the reasons eg:
      • I was not told I could have a free bank account instead
      • I was told I had to have this bank account as I was a university student
      • I already had mobile phone insurance
      • I had no need for Green Flag recovery as I had no car
      • Finish the letter:
        If my complaint is upheld I require a refund of all the fees I have paid for this account from [insert date / the date it was opened].
        I also wish to be transferred to your standard current account.

This will kick start the process
      Thank you
      do you think i would be able to claim for anything else? Ive seen some post who claimed compensation. unsure if thats because the were paying insurance out twice.
      many thanks

Comment

Claiming for compensation isn't usually successful.
        If it was me, I'd be satisfied with refund of all fees (which should include interest).
        Do you have special reasons for claiming compo that might make such a claim acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Claiming for compensation isn't usually successful.
          If it was me, I'd be satisfied with refund of all fees (which should include interest).
          Do you have special reasons for claiming compo that might make such a claim acceptable?
          The fact I paid out twice for insurance due to not being informed . for the lack of access I have had to above benefits as well as the stress and inconvenience .

Comment

I don't understand, if you get a refund you have had all you may be able to claim, yes you would have paid for insurance elsewhere and had the benefit of that.

"Lack of access to benefits"? So you want the benefits of the account but don't want to pay for them?

"Stress and inconvenience" is rarely compensated for in contractual disputes, courts tend to take the view that life sucks sometimes and we all have to put up with day to day inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie_mum View Post
              The fact I paid out twice for insurance due to not being informed .That is why you are claiming a refund..so you will only have paid once for the lack of access I have had to above benefits but you didn't require access to them as they were not suitable for you as well as the stress and inconvenience as per Steve post 6 .
              Response in red

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                  I don't understand, if you get a refund you have had all you may be able to claim, yes you would have paid for insurance elsewhere and had the benefit of that.

"Lack of access to benefits"? So you want the benefits of the account but don't want to pay for them?

"Stress and inconvenience" is rarely compensated for in contractual disputes, courts tend to take the view that life sucks sometimes and we all have to put up with day to day inconvenience.
                  What I meant was as I was paying for benefits and when I wanted to claim I was not covered e.g travel insurance. I was told car insurance when it was breakdown cover. Even when I got my car I still didn't benefit. So yes didn't benefit me

- - - Updated - - -

I will be happy with a refund of the £400

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X