• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Collection Agency Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI and Collection Agency Advice

Hi, I wonder if you can help me.

I put in a PPI claim against First Plus using Gladstone Brookes a couple of years ago. After 2 or 3 months I received a rejection letter from First Plus and was advised by GB to that this would not be the end of it all and that I was to complete a form which they would send off to the Financial Ombudsman on my behalf to get the case reviewed, they were honest and said I could do this myself and that if they sent on my behalf the charges of 25% plus Vat would apply in the event of a payout. I thought nothing more of this as they were what I thought at the time avoiding any hassle or time filling out forms for me.

Time passed by and around April / May 2013 I then received letter from GB advising the Financial Ombudsman had also rejected my case and they Gladstone Brookes could not do anything further with my claim, so case closed. Based on this I threw all the correspondence and GB pack away as thought the claim has run its course.

A week ago I received a letter direct from First Plus advising that my case with them had been reopened with them and to my surprise two healthy cheques arrived paying me what was due.

This morning at 8:15 I received and call from an 0844 number and a voicemail left by Gladstone Brookes requesting a call back. I call them back this afternoon only to be told they would call me back when they could find out what the initial call was actually about. So far no call back...

Am I still liable under GB Terms and conditions to pay them any fees even if a letter was received basically saying case closed and nothing more could be done ?

Any assistance would be appreciated on this and I cannot find anything similar to this.

Thankyou.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI and Collection Agency Advice

There is an update this this, I have actually located the original letter advising that First Plus had rejected the claim and I have also found scanned documents on my PC which was the Ombudsman complaint that I completed and sent to Gladstone Brookes to be forwarded onto the Financial Ombudsman.

I have also written to the Financial Ombudsman asking for a copy of their rejection letter sent to Gladstone Brookes. So if all falls into place all I am actually missing is the letter from Gladstone Brookes confirming that they could go no further forward in this case.

Any response on this matter would be highly welcome. If I have to pay GB then I will but as they deemed the case closed and it was First Plus that wrote to me directly advising they reopened the case do I need to ?

thankyou

Comment

Re: PPI and Collection Agency Advice

any advice ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X