• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

blemain finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blemain finance

hi all maybe someone can help give me some information have they been taken to court or had some kind of telling off. I have had a refund from them from a mortgage (The Mortgage Business a blemain subsidiary) from 1997 to 2004. I have rang again to make sure they have it correct but as it was so long ago I could not answer all their security questions. I did talk to a manager today after getting a check for £14664.56 only to be told it is correct and I will also be getting some money back from two secured loans that ran at the same time.
    Now I have never chased any of this PPI stuff as I have been debit free since 2005 and I
    always assumed you could only go back 6 years.
    The manager at
    blemain did not tell me anything more than they did owe me the money and they do not have it wrong. The other thing is both the mortgage and the loans were always paid on time so it can't be charges. I don't want to put it in the bank just in case they have got it wrong as a google search shows how ruthless this company is if you owe them money. Also a google search shown nothing about them being taken to task over the loan practices. Along with the fact that I never contacted them makes me very suspicious as a quick read about the forum shows how people have to jump through hoops to get anything back from this company.
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: blemain finance

Originally posted by amac View Post
    hi all maybe someone can help give me some information have they been taken to court or had some kind of telling off. I have had a refund from them from a mortgage (The Mortgage Business a blemain subsidiary) from 1997 to 2004. I have rang again to make sure they have it correct but as it was so long ago I could not answer all their security questions. I did talk to a manager today after getting a check for £14664.56 only to be told it is correct and I will also be getting some money back from two secured loans that ran at the same time.
    Now I have never chased any of this PPI stuff as I have been debit free since 2005 and I always assumed you could only go back 6 years.
    The manager at
    blemain did not tell me anything more than they did owe me the money and they do not have it wrong. The other thing is both the mortgage and the loans were always paid on time so it can't be charges. I don't want to put it in the bank just in case they have got it wrong as a google search shows how ruthless this company is if you owe them money. Also a google search shown nothing about them being taken to task over the loan practices. Along with the fact that I never contacted them makes me very suspicious as a quick read about the forum shows how people have to jump through hoops to get anything back from this company.
    many thanks
    WOW!!! A cheque for that amount is the best Christmas present you could dream of! :cancan::cancan::cancan:

Did you have an endowment by any chance?

Exactly six years ago, I had a letter from a company called "Assets Reunited", totally out of the blue. I moved here in 2007, this was just over a year later, referring to a mortgage I took out in 1998 with an endowment from General Accident I believe it was initially called, then Norwich Union, later Aviva. I sold the property in 2004, never reclaimed anything or got in touch with anyone. Mortgage was with Bradford & Bingley, never had any other accounts with them. No idea how that company got my address in the first place. :noidea:

The letter said that I was entitled to a refund of over £4k, then they went on to say that due to it being 'late' (no idea why it was late but I didn't ask), there would be an extra £400!!!

If I was going to set up a scam outfit of some sort, Assets Reunited is just the sort of name I'd use. Furthermore, they didn't offer to send me a cheque but asked for bank details for the money to be paid in. I almost thought it was a new version of the old Nigerian scam! :ohwell: Luckily I'd recently opened a business account with Barclays and the banker had insisted that I should open also a personal current account, only when then ran a computer check they must have seen I had at least a couple of defaults from 2004/05 (this was in 2008) so I got only a cashcard account, without even a debit card.

I had a current account with the A&L and found this account rather useless, so there was no money in it. I thought I had nothing to fear by giving them the account details because there was no more than £20 or so, I wrote back with the details and next thing you know, over £4,400 were actually paid into the account, just before Christmas!!!!

Six years later, there's no sign of the money because I spent it, otherwise I never heard from anyone ever again. I'm sure you can understand why I never asked any questions or even bothered finding out more about the company, etc. :27:

These things do happen!:christmas3:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X