• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi refund can banks keep it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi refund can banks keep it

HI can anyone help totally confused

i have clamined ppi from rbs 10claims in total won 7 which is good news due around 18k one of the 3 claims i didn't win i still owe rbs money on that account which i pay weekly to debt company can rbs keep any of the money due to pay this debt off .
    Phoned rbs today to ask when they think money will be sent and they said it will be within the date given subject to clearing any debt outstanding can someone please help thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ppi refund can banks keep it

Can anyone help please

Comment

Hi and welcome
      I just come back on here now, was meant to reply earlier but had some guests lol.

Firstly, well done on your success! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Now if there is any outstanding debt balance on the account you reclaiming from, they do tend to use refunds to bring down the balance, any interest and anything remaining should come back to you.
      Was this debt actually with the banks own debt collections?

If it was sold off and assigned to another debt agency, they may not have the right to any of your refund.

I note you said there is one reclaim where you did not succeed on, how long ago did they reject this one and what year was this finance sold to you? what were the reasons you gave to reclaim and reasons they gave to reject?

Sorry for the questions, but maybe we can help.

Cheers x

Comment

Hi thanks for replying

i did phone the debt company they said they didn't own the debt even though I pay it direct to them

The loan I owe money on I didn't get any thing back as I was self employed when I took that loan out

Am sure all the claims I am due have no debt

wasn't sure if they could keep some of the money to pay the debt off even though they refused the claim

hope this makes sense
        thanks

Comment

Hi thanks for replying

i did phone the debt company they said they didn't own the debt even though I pay it direct to them

The loan I owe money on I didn't get any thing back as I was self employed when I took that loan out

Am sure all the claims I am due have no debt

wasn't sure if they could keep some of the money to pay the debt off even though they refused the claim

hope this makes sense
          thanks

Comment

Hiya
            If there is no owed outstanding debt or balance owing, the money/refund should come back to you.

So if this is the case, then write/email to ask why your not receiving your refund, as you want a detailed explanation.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hiya
              If there is no owed outstanding debt or balance owing, the money/refund should come back to you.

So if this is the case, then write/email to ask why your not receiving your refund, as you want a detailed explanation.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
              Thanks will keep you updated :tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Hiya

Hi got a call from rbs to say 1 of my ppi claims money will be paid to my debt they have paid the full amount interest and took the tax off is this what they can do

Comment

Originally posted by Amcbc View Post
                  Hi got a call from rbs to say 1 of my ppi claims money will be paid to my debt they have paid the full amount interest and took the tax off is this what they can do
                  Hiya

So they taken your whole refund then?
                  so by them doing this, there as an active account still running then?

Did they provide you with a breakdown on how much in total they used and how much left on the balance of the account?

I dont think they all work this way, it can differ from one business to the other, but usually if there is any outstanding debt or balance owing they say they are in their rights to use this to bring down anything owing, so if you had an open active account with them, you should have been provided with a balance of what is left outstanding to pay once refund is used towards it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X