• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Claim rejection . Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Claim rejection . Help Please

I recently tried to reclaim miss old PPi from Barclaycard. They have just responded saying as I bought the PPI online (in 2001) they will rejecting my complaint. I do not recall applying for the card online and do not have a copy of the application. I have sent off a SAR to see what exactly they have on file. I did cancel the PPi in 2007 . The letter only mentions that in my application the box was ticked though they have not provided any copies or supporting documents with the letter
    I see from other posts on the internet that this seems to be Barclaycards standard practise. I can only assume that if the PPI was applied for online then it will come down to my word against theirs. Is this worth taking any further?
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard Claim rejection . Help Please

Hi and welcome

Oh yes definately, they do hope we go away after they send these standard - generic rejection letters.

I would write back and ask them to review your complaint with the reasons you given and ask for concrete evidence they had in order for them to come to the decision that they made, like a copy of the online application and proof that it was completed online.

How long ago did you send a SAR to their data dept?

Comment

Hi Again

Thanks for the quick response . The rejection letter was recieved on Friday and the SAR letter is going off today ( have not posted it yet though )

Comment

Did they confirm if it was the final decision?

You could otherwise email the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) tell them your not satisfied with the complaints team generic decision and want proof that you purchased the policy online.

Let me know if you want the CEO email addy.

Firstly, do you have the facilities to scan and attach your letter of response here? We could then work it out from there on what to write. (If you do attach, please also remove all personal details), cheers x

Comment

Hi

No they said that if I was unhappy I could contact them again and ask them to review . I will post up letter tonight when I get home . If you could let me have the CEO address that would be great thank you

Comment

Hiya

Here is one of the CEO addresses, and the one below is The Manager, send to either or copy email for the other if you wish.
            valerie.soranno-keating@barclays.com

david.chan@barclaycard.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Please see attached letter recieved from Barclaycard . I would be grateful for any comments you may have . I have sent off the SAR anyway . I was thinking to respond along the lines of that BC had not provided any evidence that I applied online and they would need to do this and also remind them gentley that I am quite happy to take this to the FOS as well .
              Attached Files

Comment

Hiya

Thank thank you for posting up your letter/decision and I am glad you have the opportunity to write further to them.

I note they said "You were told it was optional to take the PPI", so if this was the case of the finance being purchased online, how come they had told you this? (I think you get my drift)....

Another thing as well, did your employer pay you sick pay?
                If so then do let them know and say, "If this was discussed with me, or if I did come across this question if an online purchase, I would have therefore had the opportunity to confirm that I already held sickness cover in place with my employer, so why would I want to have the cover if already covered in the first place"

What about any pre-med conditions at the time it was purchased?
                If so then do let them know, because they would not have paid out a claim if you had that specific illness when making a claim for sickness. (then if you were covered by your employer for sickness pay as well) then add at least your employer would pay out for any type of sickness you had.

Basically you need to write back to the complaints team first, if you wish copy into the CEO or Manager and ask them to review and provide you with the information they hold on their internal systems in order for them to make their decision, say "as you hold this information, I will appreciate that you send me a copy of this for my records as I cannot recall on this being an online application.
                Ask on how you were "told that PPI was optional if it was an online purchase"

And any other info I added above, like employer sickness pay and pre med conditions at the time as well, let them know.

If you require further help from here, please let us know.
                Fingers crossed and please keep us posted, cheers x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks I will post a reply to them today . Will keep you posted . Many thanks for your help .

Comment

Hi

I received a letter back from Barclaycard today and their response was basically that they had reviewed my claim again and again rejecting it . They have noted I asked for personal infomation i.e proof I applied for this online and they can only respond if I put in a SAR application ( which I have done already and am awaiting this) . This letter was now their "final response" and next option offered was the FOS .

I will take this to the FOS as I feel they cannot reject my claim using "I applied online excuse" and then not provide any proof of this . Is it worth writing to the CEO now as well ?

Comment

Hiya

Yes do all you can including the CEO.

As you have 6 months to complain to the FOS from the date on the final decision letter you received, if you can write to the CEO and give about 14 days maximum to respond, and explain your situation with them, or 7 days its up to you.

It's been known that some decisions have been overturned once its reached the CEO, as you have already given the complaints team a chance to review but they are sticking to their guns.
                      Tell the CEO as a genuine long term customer, you are most disappointed with the outcome of the complaint, and that you only raised this complaint up in the first place because you know you have a case with your reasons.
                      (Add anything that I missed that applies to your complaint) and ask if he/she will kindly review the matter before you make the decision to take matters further.

Good luck, please keep us posted x

Comment

Hi Again

I received my SAR back and found a copy of my application which in my mind clearly does not give me the option to opt out of both PPI and Barclaycard Card Protection . I have attached a copy . What do you think ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hiya

From what I can see of the application/agreement there does seem to be a cross on there (not able to see the full application sorry), but if it was crossed for you and not done by you then yes it looks like it was done automatically x

Comment

Hi

No there was not anything to tick or otherwise . Really irritating as they have been really obstructive when it is clear that I never signed for anything . I have sent off an email to the CEO and hopefully that will do the trick . If not it is off to the FOS and a long wait !! Thanks for your help

Comment

Just recieved another letter from Barclaycard after my email to the CEO again rejecting my complaint ( but providing no infomation ) . So it seems it is off to the FOS . They are really a complete shambles ! .

Thanks Di30 for all your help and comments though it was much appreciated .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X