• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA FOS decision upheld !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA FOS decision upheld !!!

Hi all this is my first post on here.
    I complained to the FOS about miss selling PPI by MBNA they upheld my decision yay,

The FOS state in their letter
    I am pleased to tell you that following our involvement MBNA will now be making an offer of compensation on your ppi complaint.

The offer follows the ombudsman general approach where we decide that a consumer shouldn't have been sold PPI. This is to put you in a position you would be in if you hadn't taken out PPI.

It says to wait upto 8 weeks for an offer, but I have been reading many stories about MBNA stalling with these offers or even going against the FOS decision, does anyone have any advice if I don't receive an offer or they still refuse to pay out.
    Thanks very much for any advice
    Sammy
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA FOS decision upheld !!!

I received a similar letter form the ombudsman yesterday about MBNA regarding a Virgin account, probably form the same batch.
    I think that this letter is agreed with the creditor so ti is just a matter of waiting for them to do their sums.

I received an initial assessment on my account back in September 2012 where the compliant was upheld and the result sent to MBNA, this was rejected by MBNA and it has taken up until now to get this. I think if the letter says they will be making an offer we should be OK.

i am getting Bill Ks spready out later today and see how the continued delay will effect the expected payout, 18 months at 8% on top of what they already owed. should be a few bob, fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks for that Andy, that gives me some hope then that I should receive an offer from them fingers crossed.
      Sammy

Comment

yes , have you done your calculations ?

Comment

On my letter it says something about, they may nt have all the necessary information , so they may have to meke assumptions !!

Unfortunately for them I do, so I will be on heir case if the offer is short of what I expect.

Comment

I didn't have that on mine but I will check to make sure
            I don't know how long I paid the ppi for, do you think it might be worth phoning them to find out?
            Thanks
            Sammy

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg1971 View Post
              I didn't have that on mine but I will check to make sure
              I don't know how long I paid the ppi for, do you think it might be worth phoning them to find out?
              Thanks
              Sammy
              I took the card over eight years ago, so they are probably referring to the possibility that the will have no records back then.

Fortunately when I fist started the claim I sent an SAR and received a full set of copy statements, which I still have.

I would recommend this, as it will enable you to check their figures, there is a spreadsheet available on here and you can just enter the figures. The SAR would cost you a tenner, but may prove to be a good investment.

Comment

Hi Andy, I took your advice and phoned up MBNA to find out how long I had been paying for and they said I started paying in august 1999 and stopped in November 2009 so almost 10 years !!!
                can you point me in the right direction of the calculator to try and work it out.
                I am quite shocked at how long I had paid it for so I am hoping for quite a bit from my payout.
                Hope we hear back soon
                Regards Sammy

Comment

I cant do the calculations because it is saying I don't have the correct programme to open it.
                  Ah well I will try and look online to see if I can find another one
                  Sammy

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg1971 View Post
                    Hi Andy, I took your advice and phoned up MBNA to find out how long I had been paying for and they said I started paying in august 1999 and stopped in November 2009 so almost 10 years !!!
                    can you point me in the right direction of the calculator to try and work it out.
                    I am quite shocked at how long I had paid it for so I am hoping for quite a bit from my payout.
                    Hope we hear back soon
                    Regards Sammy

Drinks are on you then, should be a good few quid

You must be psychic because I am just going through mine as we speak,, do you not have excel on your PC ?

Sometimes even if you do not have the full version there is a starter in the accessories file which has the basic no frills version, which works OK with Bill k and Turbos spready.

Comment

I have just found an old statement and on that one it had a balance of £1000 and a payment of £8 ppi but is it the higher the balance the more you pay because I do remember having maybe a 2-3 thousand balance on there.
                      I have just found excel starter but not got a clue what to do lol
                      Sammy

Comment

open it, click on file then search the spreadsheet you want to open click on it, bobs your uncle

Comment

I just tried that but excel isn't showing lol
                          I give up
                          sammy

Comment

Have you got the link to the spreadsheet I'll see if I can fix it.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Its probably just me I am not very computer savvy lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X