• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Congratulations, Alan!
    well done!

Thank you for that useful information, it can help a lot of people.

Good luck with your next case.

Looking at past cases, it seems that loans are usually easier to get PPI refunds than credit cards.

If you got that loan in the bank, face to face or over the phone, it is easier still, as they had to discuss PPI with you.

If you ended up having it without your concent, without your knowledge and without understanding what exactly it was and that it was optional, it shows mis-sale.

If you were not likely to make a successful claim due to your employment status or pre-existing medical conditions, it will work in your favour.

You are not insane to buy intentionally and knowingly a product which is not suitable for you, unless you were led to believe it was compulsory or you were not told properly and clearly about exclusions, limitations, main features, costs etc.

I was successful with my Barclays PPI.
    They did a very good job, dealing with my case.
    I hope you will have the same experience.

best of luck.
    again, congratulations on your success and we shall wait for your updates with your next one.

Best,
    Victoria

Comment

Hi, would you be able to add what you wrote on your complaint regarding the tick box?

I have had 2 appeals in - one for an Egg loan which was with Canada and was upheld but today i have had a letter from Barclay card re my egg card saying i was not mis sold. It goes on to say that an independent review of Barclay sales process was undertaken that covered the time my policy was sold and that they are satisfied it was sold correctly.
      I mentioned in my complaint that the box was pre selected/ not an option but they seem to have ignored it, my other gripe is that it wasn't Barclaycard it was Egg.

Can anyone advise?

Originally posted by bigalig2003 View Post
      Hi Di - success!!!

Great news Egg re Barclaycard relented after I wrote with the tick box scenario - so all those of you out there who have tried ill health/temp working etc.. change tack and now use the tick box problem from Egg's original web site. Proviso - my account was started in 1999 so please check and if you had an account that started in 1999 - use the tick box problem and I can guarantee you will win.

As Barclaycard have now admitted my PPI ale was wrong I'm now going after that Loan part with the mandatory PPI attached to it - any ideas?

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

In my personal cases I did not have pre-ticked box, I did. It apply online, so my complaints had other grounds.
        w
        However, we all here learn from each other.
        I am enclosing here the link, where our expert Loulou posted a lot about pre-ticked box.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...874#post423874

May be Alan will be able to give you more details.

best,

Victoria

Comment

Hi Alan,

very well done on your success!!

I apologise to all if I should like a worn record, but Victoria is absolutely correct: loans are much easier than credit cards.......depending on when you took the loan out. Generally, the monies being charged for the PPI were added to the amount of the loan, as a single premium and, then interest charged on the whole lot. If this is what happened in your case, then you simply have to tell them that the regulators have stated that such a practice was not acceptable and can you please have a refund of all monies due.

if this is not what happened, then we can think again!!!!!!!

really hope that this helps,

:beagle:

Comment

My egg loan complaint went through Canada square and they accepted mis selling and refunded me however my egg card appears to be with barclaycard now and they havnt really acknowledged the fact that the box for PPI was preselected and not apparent that it was optional. In fact it appears that without selecting it I couldn't proceed. I didn't receive any phone calls and was all done online. I'm guessing this practice of pre ticked boxes was ruled unlawful and changed and would like to quote as such but I'm struggling to find anything suitable to write.
            they seem to be treating the complaint as if barclaycard sold the policy when it was in fact egg.
            i will use some of the points loulou made but does anyone have anything re Egg and the pre ticked box changes ie being fined etc?

thanks in advance

Comment

The points Loulou made are very good.
              I do not think this particular topic has been addressed properly yet.
              I might be wrong.
              However, if this is the case and it has not yet received the deserved attention, it has to be done now.
              I suggest to contact local MP as well as Which Legal (Which Money).
              When we share our experiences and we come across something like this issue, it needs to be made known to the relevant organisations as well as public.

It is not any more about our individual cases.
              It affects large numbers of people and that is why I see it as our public duty to show what is happening.

perhaps we should start a special thread, something like "Egg application online and pre-ticked box for PPI", asking people to post their experiences.

V

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X