• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

By the way forgot to add on my Egg Loan form the PPI was just added to the base of the form - I had no option but to take it - has this been seen by other people?

If so what effect does it have on claiming?

Good luck with your claim.

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Hi

I sent an email to michael.corbat@citigroup.com and to michael.corbat@citi.com and both bounced - maybe had enough of people writing to him? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
      Last edited by bigalig2003; 29th May 2014, 15:19:PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that! How frustrating! Unless his email box was full!!

What about Ian Clarke again?

Comment

Hi Di

Yes the same with Ian Clarke - his email bounced too.

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Drat!!! I will see if i can get hold of another not been used yet if I can

Comment

Di

I sent my email to a Mr David Chan and I received a letter back from Emily McCourt who is a Customer Relationship Manager - quote if they find I have been mis-sold they will refund me and they also sent a Payment Preference Form - fingers crossed.

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Fingers crossed Alan, thank you for your update and sorry for not responding sooner x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks again Di - much appreciated and I'll let you know what happens.

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Hi Di

Tragic news Barclaycard have refused my complaint again - I have attached the letter for you and anyone else to look at - in this case what they have said is that I had an informed choice on my medical condition - I would have known Asthma would not have been covered??? Really!!

Also as the application was performed online - I seem to remember that you could only progress your application was if you ticked the "tick box to proceed" - does anyone else remember this from 1999?

Anyway any help would be gratefully accepted.

Kind Regards

Alan
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bigalig2003; 9th June 2014, 19:12:PM.

Comment

Hi Di

As an aside I read the FSA handbook to see the common mistakes that highlight miss-selling PPI - see below. Their onus is on the company making the decision and not depending upon the recipient making an informed decision - how can they know e.g. that a pre-med condition like asthma would negate the PPI?

Think I'll write one last letter before going off to the FOS!

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Hiya

I was not here much yesterday sorry, but how can they say they would have told you about the exclusions if they state you completed the application online?

Did you ask them for any evidence to prove it was done online?

I would certainly get another letter in with extra points, but its good you do also have the opportunity to complain to the FOS by 6 months of the final letter,

Comment

Hi Di

Ahh the completed online saga - I've also remembered that Egg applications in 1999 suffered from the tick box problem so you had no choice exclusions or not to accept the conditions. I'm going to hit them with one last letter before FOS - the FOS is aware of the tick box problem on the egg site so there's hope yet. So in essence I could not have made an informed decision!

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Go for it Alan, you've nothing to lose by sending them one more letter (maybe this one should go to the chief executive officer/manager, as always please keep us posted, thanks again and the best of luck! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Di

Letter has been sent - fingers crossed and of course I'll let everyone know.

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

Hi Di - success!!!

Great news Egg re Barclaycard relented after I wrote with the tick box scenario - so all those of you out there who have tried ill health/temp working etc.. change tack and now use the tick box problem from Egg's original web site. Proviso - my account was started in 1999 so please check and if you had an account that started in 1999 - use the tick box problem and I can guarantee you will win.

As Barclaycard have now admitted my PPI ale was wrong I'm now going after that Loan part with the mandatory PPI attached to it - any ideas?

Kind Regards

Alan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X