• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Complex PPI Claim? Help desperately needed please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex PPI Claim? Help desperately needed please!

Hi all,

Okay so I requested all my personal data (DSAR) from Lloyds and picked it all up yesterday. It provided me with all the my statements etc.. for all my accounts held with them. Loans, Credit Cards etc..

I was trying to work out how much I was owed in PPI claims (if I were to be successful) but it's proving difficult. I found a template spreadsheet on this forum, but I don't think it takes in to account my personal situation.

I defaulted on my loan and credit card back in late 2009, and it was passed to DCA. In August 2013, I agreed a monthly repayment with the DCA for all the accounts I defaulted on and get the debt sorted.

I started inputting some data regarding the PPI claim and how much I might be owed on just the credit card(s) but I am confused. The monthly APR % on my credit card changed a fair bit over the years (2007-2009) and I wasn't just making purchase transactions, but also withdrawing cash from the credit cards which is charged at a higher interest rate.

I also had two different credit cards within that time period, what I mean is, I started with a LTSB Gold Card then when I was struggling to pay that back and going overlimit all the time, I was advised to get a reconsolidation loan, I accepted and that refinanced that Gold credit card and brought the balance to £0.00, then I Hgot Airmiles DUO cards which replaced the Gold Card. I then went overlimit with the Airmiles DUO cards and then stopped making payments (had a terrible time won't go in to detail), which then defaulted at the end of 2009.

The current situation is that I was making payments with the DCA, until recently - still paying the current account overdraft off, but I requested credit agreements for the loan and credit card and they stopped taking the payments for them whilst I was waiting for them. This is still the case now.

1. How do I work out a PPI claim on a defaulted account now with a DCA?
    2. How do I work it out with the different interest rates (purchase/cash)?
    3. How do I work out the compensatory interest?

At the end of the day, if I can make a PPI claim, I just want to use it to take off the balance I owe and pay it back sooner.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Complex PPI Claim? Help desperately needed please!

:bump:

Comment

Hi there

Until someone comes along that will know more on the calc figures when in default, take a look at this here from MSE, below on the link, there is an example of refunds of ppi on defaulted loans etc.....
      http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1596473

The info on the link should be able to give you a fair idea, but hopefully someone will be along soon that knows more on the category of ppi refunds whilst in defaults. Good luck! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thank you very much for this.

Can anyone else help on the matter, or should I just take it to a CMC?

Comment

I think I will just fill out the standard PPI questionnaire and send it off to the PPI Complaints department of the financial institution the Loan's & CC's were originally taken out with. If successful, it looks as if they will work out how much I would be owed.

Is there nobody on this forum that would be able to help me work out what I could potentially be owed please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X