• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS upheld but Barclays deny knowledge of account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS upheld but Barclays deny knowledge of account

My complaint about a credit card was rejected by Barclays two years ago .
    I sent it to the FOS and in Septemer they wrote to me that it was upheld and that Barclays would contact me regarding redress.

No reply by November so I contacted the FOS and after looking into the matter they said that Barclays did not have an update on my account ref : New address and bank details to pay BACS and they needed my ID and two utility bills.
    To make things easier the FOS suggested I send these details to them and they would forward to Barclays .
    This was duly sent by recorded delivery 14 January .
    Today I received a letter from Barclays saying that they have no account details for me on record therefore could not uphold the claim send it to the FOS ?

Where do I go from here ?
    Tags: None

Re: FOS upheld but Barclays deny knowledge of account

Go back to the FOS and tell them that they have told you this despite the fact that Barclays did not appear to tell the FOS the same when they had the chance to do so.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: FOS upheld but Barclays deny knowledge of account

I sent the letter on to the FOS today , so will await the result .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X