• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

I will do. I sent the forms off to GE money/Capital and I got the whole thing back 'return to sender' so I looked up the email and fired it straight off. Now I have the email I am going to hound them and keep asking about my claim I think we all should do that. I think that when the CEOs get the trouble they tend to deal with it quickly. I did the same with NatWest and now they are giving me up dates every day and I even had a second person call to deal the complaint lmao. I have to admit I am enjoying writing the complaints and now I haven't got anymore and just waiting I feel lost. I'm going to start working on my sisters that should keep me busy!

Comment

Well done, Loulouxx! I feel the same way. That's the spirit!
      i agree 100%! We all should do it.
      after frustration comes this enjoyment and satisfaction, becaus we are doing the right thing, we are fighting a good cause!
      Fingers crossed!
      Vx

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria27 View Post
        Di, darling! 9 letters! I would suspect they all are very similar. If not identical, like a leitmotif without too many variations ))
        i can add my 4, which are almost identical.
        lol
        Vx
        Hi honey
        LOL, there may even be more! But yes lots of them are identical......that's the only way they know LOL!:whistle::whistle: x

Comment

Yes, my darling, Di! You are right. That's the only way they know ))
          looks like it is our duty and mission to "educate" them and to show them other ways, the right ways.
          thank you for that information, my dear!
          I thought if we used those letters as wallpaper we could have a whole room, full of rubbish statements, such as: "The premiums payable for this insurance have appeared on your regular statements each time there has been a balance outstanding . This confirms that PPI was optional..." The only way such a rubbish could be written in the first place and then repeated since 2008, would be, if the wrong paragraph was pasted in a wrong place by mistake. I wonder if we ask them to explain how premiums on the statements prove that insurance was optional, they will not be able to answer, because it is not in the script...
          Vx

Comment

9 wow I missed that and all the same!!! I'm sure that the FOS states that all complaints should be handled on an individual basis and on their merit something that by the looks of it Santander don't know that meaning of any work in that sentence! Can you complain about the way they handled a complaint?

Comment

Good morning!
              Yes, Loulou, I think we all should put it together and complain about the way they mishandling our complaints and PPI redress, either not knowing how it should be done, which means total lack of training, bad enough, or even worse, deliberately choosing to ignore all the rules, regulations , the FOS and FCA guidelines etc, which indicates institutionalised malpractice from their PPI complaint department, which, I am afraid, is the case here. That is the reason our PPI Star Di started this thread. We need to get as much data as possible about their ways of mishandling our complaints, and by behaving like that, not only letting us, costumers, down, but causing a real harm to the whole financial industry. Once we get enough identical or almost identical rejection letters from different people, it will make a good case for the FCA.
              They, Santander, always write: "considering all available evidence..." The evidence is usually our signature, in most cases, where indicated by "x", and also the fact that we did not cancel the policy. Both reasons can't be the basis to reject, according to the FCA guidelines. Also they always confirm that it never was a requirement to take the PPI in order for the application to be accepted etc. That is what they call available evidence. However the real evidence is that those sales were done by GE Capital Bank, which was fined £610,000 for not compliance. Rather strong evidence, which they forgot to consider or think that we do not know about it and we cannot put two and two together. Well, they underestimated us.
              You are absolutely right, Loulou, they should consider every particular complaint on individual basis, but, as their letters to us clearly demonstrate, they do not and they have no intention to do it.
              i do hope that more people will pick up this thread, started by Dazzling Di, and it will help everybody, when this company will finally be forced to behave. What they do to people cannot continue and had to be stopped.
              it is up to us now to make it happen as soon as possible.
              thank you.
              Vx

Comment

Hopefully well see more. Mine was sold in a Dorothy Perkins store. With a pushy salesgirl who said I would be rejected if I didn't take out PPI and with all mine its the same and I think its a recurrent theme like most of the financial products at that time. So glad its regulated now and the problems are being found.

Loulou x

Comment

Thank you, Loulou. It is very similar in my case and I believe, for a lot of us. The problem was addressed, GE was fined for mis-sales. It seems like we have straight forward cases. However, not with Santander )) That is why, considering all those well known by now circumstances, it demonstrates particularly poor performance from Santander. They act like mis-sales never happened at all, and, unfortunately they were getting away with it for too long. They still do not believe it can change and, feel safe, not being under the jurisdiction of the FOS. They continue to behave like that, but I hope, with our joint forces, not for long. ))From time to time some banks find themselves in very embarrassing situations, in the spotlight, which is not at all flattering. Banks should not forget about reputational risk management etc.
                  i believe it is Santander's turn
                  Very good work, Loulou!
                  keep up at them and bring us good news!
                  fingers crossed...
                  thank you.
                  Vx

Comment

They can only ignore for so long. Hopefully we all get some good news but I will keep on at them. Any emails/letters I get I will put them up. I'm going to have a look on the internet and see what I can dig up about Santander and their complaint handling. It would be interesting to see if there are any other posts about this and also if there is any info we don't know. Will come back later if I find anything.

Comment

Thank you, Loulou.
                      It just occurred to me, when I am talking about Santander, I am like a dog with a bone. Looking at my image here, I can see that, indeed, I am a dog with a bone ))
                      i think it is the right way to be, the only way to be, where Santander is concerned. We should be an organised pack of Watch Dogs ))
                      thank you,
                      Vx

Comment

Haha! Don't worry I am too but its the same with all banks and I've found that the more persistent you are the more they listen though some are good in the complaint up holding then they delay payment. I mean does it really take 28days they are quick to take it and add whatever charges very unfair.

Comment

Hi All,

just thought i'd let you all know how I am getting on. I am soooooo frustrated with Santander and you just don't want to get me started on Capital One!! I wrote to Ms Botin CEO Santander and, have been corresponding back and forth with the office of the CEO. I am awaiting their final report, which seems to have gone astray in the post and guess what arrives today? A tick box response from Genworth dated 24/02/2014 declining (once again) my claim. I have fired another mail off asking for an explanation. I dare say I'll get a reply tomorrow. In the scale of things, when you see what other people have to put up with, it's not much!!!!

Some suggestions: Di, the information that Victoria has posted up is so good that I think it should be stored in the template section. Not everyone will read the Santander thread but, everyone who is trying to reclaim PPI should be able to avail of Victoria's help. It really is tremendous!
                          thank you for the thread you posted re Genworth and the claims paid etc. However it would be really good to get some stats on the numbers of store card ppi claims rejected and paid out by Santander. (I'm beginning to feel like BillK and his MBNA campaign. ) I don,t know if Santander actually publish that sort of info.

Loulou/ Victoria, continued good luck with your claims.

:beagle:

Comment

Thank you for your update L'pool and am so sorry about yet another rejection from "G", and yes you deserve a detailed explaination, I would also ask them why dont they think they have any part of the policy? afterall they may not have sold it directly but they DO have liabilities, which is why the FOS will also suggest these avenues.
                            However, it does appear that they are suddenly rejecting reclaims, as another one I know of received the same outcome, I will ask her if she will post up the letter for me and maybe it can be matched up.
                            (A bit of "S" are being rubbed off on them as it seems)!

Now in regards of the template thread, I do also think that is a fab idea! thank you for this suggestion and I am sure Victoria will also think its a way to go with this too.

I will of course be happy to start one if you think it may help.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks L'Pool64. I have just received an email from them to say that their response is in the post. Here's my email and a copy of theirs. I think I raised a few eyebrows lol! That's a great idea about Victoria27's advice it is spot on.

Here's the emails

Sent: 19 March 2014 18:30
                              To: SCL UK PPI Executive Complaints
                              Cc:
                              ana.botin@santander.co.uk; Chief Executive's Office; Antonio.Osorio@santander.co.uk
                              Subject:
                              Importance: High

Good Afternoon,

Please can you update me on my complaint? Please update me as soon as possible as I am getting increasingly frustrated and I have seen a large amount of customer responses on various forums and in all I have seen the same letter as the attached I have also seen the generic rejection letters that you send out to all complaints and that is against FSA complaint handling regulation and FOS guild lines. Please let me be absolutely clear to you. If I do find that I have received a generic response I will take it further to the FOS and complain about the way my complaint was handled. I expect my complaint to be handled swiftly and based on the issues I have brought to your attention. I do not accept a rejection where only my name was added. I have received responses from every other business where I have been missold and my complaint upheld on each and every single one. I have also been fully updated and each has taken 2 weeks. I would think that a large operation such as yourselves would as quick if not quicker that your competitors. Perhaps not.

I have attached my complaint again….and also a hospital letter dated from May 2013 that shows my illness and when it was diagnosed.

Kind regards

Dear

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn you have not recieved our response.

I have confirmed with my team that the response was issued on 17 March 2014. In light of your comments, I have arranged for the complaint handler to send a copy to you today.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Katie Lunn
                              Santander Cards PPI Executive Complaints Team
                              0871 522 5167

Comment

Thank you very much for your posts, my dear friends!
                                yes, it is a current situation with with Santander, they are running out if excuses, so, currently everything is just frozen put on hold. They have to realise that we are not going anywhere, neither the FCA guidelines.
                                they received from me all requested documents after my email to the CEO on the 26th of February and since then, silence.
                                when I checked a week ago, they said that it was not yet filed, because of their scans being broken hahaha
                                this week they just told me, they do not know what happened and they will chase it up.
                                it has been 3 weeks since they received requested documents.
                                the case is going on since the beginning of December, I had 3 rejection letters.
                                after my email to the CEO, after standard letter from Katie Lunn, it was reopened and now my work status "being taken into consideration", but they wanted to see my NI contributions since 2000, hoping I would not have it or it will take ages.
                                but I did have it and sent it.
                                with Santander, I always take extra precaution. Not only I send it by the Special Delivery, but also I asked a Post Office representative to witness in writing what I enclosed. Sometime, when they do not want to deal with the documents, they say it was not enclosed in the envelope. Even now they asked me if I was sure it was enclosed, I told them that post office witnessed it in writing. Then they had to admit that it was received 3 weeks ago, but went missing
                                It looks like at the moment at least 3 of us, LouLou, L'pool and me, wrote to the CEO similar letters after similar rejections.
                                and now they are silent...
                                It feels so good to join forces, gives us extra strength!
                                we have to put them under pressure. Together
                                fingers crossed. Let's get them, my friends!
                                LouLou, L'pool, I hope you'll get a good result soon.
                                Dazzling Di, Thank you!!!
                                Vx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X