• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

My last letter, lucky No 3.
    This one I wrote, when they were keep delaying, losing important documents, not being able to locate them, ignoring my requests, not replying, not being available etcetera.
    does it sound familiar, Angel?
    You can see, this is the pattern of their behaviour.

Here I addressed the issue of generic template rejection letters as well.

"
    Subject: Please Update ASAP

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please update me as soon as possible about the state of my complaint.

For your information I set out bellow a brief summary:

1. My case started on the .....

2. I AM NOT COVERED by your PPI due to my....

3. I was paying monthly premiums for years for a benefit which was ....

4. The policy clearly states that .....

5. I received several generic letters from your complaints department.

My MP asked me for an update in order to escalate my case further.
    His email was sent to me last month, however, as your CEO office department wrote to me that you would try to sort it out, I decided to give you one last chance and asked my MP to wait until your final reply prior to him going ahead with the representation.

It has been a month since you cannot locate my documents, they are still missing and not filed.
    That is the only update I can give to my MP at the moment.

If I say that it is a shockingly poor complaint handling process, it would be an understatement.
    This appears to be yet another attempt to avoid dealing with my case. This is your usual delaying tactic to wear customers out in the hope that they will give up.
    Let me assure you that I will not stop till the this matter is resolved to my complete satisfaction and I will continue to escalate my case and will take it to as high a level as necessary.

I have seen a large number of customer responses about your company on various forums and in all I have noticed the identical rejection template letter I received.
    The fact that you send the same generic rejection letters to all complainants is against the FCA complaint handling regulation and the FOS guidelines.
    It raises an alarm and implies that your PPI department have no intention to really investigate individual cases on the individual basis, as required by regulations, but, instead send off identical responses, but not answers, to everyone.

Please let me be absolutely clear.
    If I receive another generic response, written in breach of the FCA guidelines, ignoring all the relevant FCA and FOS documents and regulations, a template generic letter, where you repeatedly raise the points which have already been deemed unacceptable by the FCA and the FOS, I shall immediately take it further to the FOS and complain about the way my case was handled.
    I will report it to the FCA, to the press and will ask my MP to go ahead with representing this case on my behalf and to approach the relevant minister, as he suggested.

I expect my complaint to be handled swiftly and based on the issues I have brought to your attention.
    I shall not accept a rejection letter where only my name was added. It is beyond contempt and in breach of fiduciary duty.

I expect my complaint to be investigated with transparency and honesty.

In view of the "lost" documents I am prepared to give you further 10 working days.
    However, if by .... my case is not fully resolved to my total satisfaction, I shall take it to the next level, as I previously mentioned.
    In addition to a full refund of my premiums plus interest, I expect to be recompensed for the incompetent and shameful manner, in which my case was handled, which has caused me considerable stress, expense, and many lost working hours.

I expect to hear from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Attached:

1) My original email to the CEO

2) Letter from ....your CEO office....

3) Notes of my communication with Santander PPI complaints department. Prepared for ..... MP.

Attached:
    Notes of my communication with Santander PPI complaints department. Prepared for ....MP.
    1. ......
    ........etc.

[ Here I put a summary of their wrongdoings, point by point, a very short paragraphs, like a diary entries, with the dates. ]
    "

After that last letter, my case was finally resolved.
    It took 4 months.

Vxx
    Last edited by Victoria27; 13th July 2014, 14:01:PM.

Comment

Hi there

sorry for the late reply I have been unable to check the site due to work.

Thank you so much for your response.

I mailed a version of the letter to them Sunday and have been advised that my comprehensive response has been sent recorded delivery today. Wonder if it's good news 😉

thanks again ax

Comment

You are very welcome.
        Fingers crossed.
        Vx

Comment

Hi Folks,

my business with Santander has now been completed. Thank you to all who supported me in every way.

i have signed a confidentiality agreement and so cannot discuss my case.

I have no regrets about instigating the court procedure.

We all fight these battles in the best way we know how; for some that will be sustained persistence quoting rules, like our wonderful friend Victoria; the inspiration from Di who gives us different ideas to try; help from the Ombudsman or the small claims court. The most important thing is, if you feel you have a case, please have the courage of your convictions and be prepared to lose!!!

best regards everyone,

:beagle: Xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Congratulations, my dear friend!
            Well done!
            I am very happy for you.
            It does show again and again, that when you are right you should fight your battles till you win. Eventually it happens and it gives you such a wonderful feeling of satisfaction.
            It is disgraceful that we have to fight so hard for something, which, like in your personal matter, should have been an honest and straight forward case of refund form the organisation which owes you.
            However, unfortunately, such unfair rejections are very common, and we must be prepared for it, must keep going and share our success stories .
            We are here for each other and we constantly learn and share our experiences to help others.
            What a wonderful forum and such wonderful people!
            Thank you, everyone, at Legal Beagles!
            lol
            Vxxx

Comment

Ref GE Money/Debenhams Store Card PPI Claim
              A message for Di

I have also received a refusal of my claim by Santander with (what appears) to be their standard refusal letter - I am now going to post a claim with Genworth , would it be possible for you , Di , to forward a copy of the letter you used to Genworth via pm & I will let you how I get on . Santander referred me to the FLA . Many thanks in advance for any help .

Comment

Originally posted by BertieP View Post
                Ref GE Money/Debenhams Store Card PPI Claim
                A message for Di

I have also received a refusal of my claim by Santander with (what appears) to be their standard refusal letter - I am now going to post a claim with Genworth , would it be possible for you , Di , to forward a copy of the letter you used to Genworth via pm & I will let you how I get on . Santander referred me to the FLA . Many thanks in advance for any help .
                Hi there

Yes of course I will.

I shall pm you with the letter. Have they confirmed with you that your underwriter was also Genworth?

May I also ask if this was the first rejection with Santander? If not then it maybe worth writing to them again, even the Chief Executive officer (CEO) manager.

Not sure if you had the chance to read through the many posts of this business, but our Victoria who had written some excellent information, where she eventually succeeded via Santander, she have made some very important points, also raised to Santander. Yes it was a battle but one that ended up to be a success in the end.

I shall pm you shortly anyway with the letter.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Many thanks Di - Santander are saying that in Oct 2001 when PPI Policy was sold they(GE Money/Santander CardsUK) were not members of GISC & were not signed up to jurisdiction of FOS & instead were members of FLA - will try with letter to Genworth & if no success will revert to Santander.

Comment

another Satandar FOB letter, they try all ways, tried with us on their purchase of Alliance & Leicester, until I pointed out that they bought all rights & responsibilities therefore the FCA were awaiting a reply (They were not), but a small compromise in our case they offered nothing BUT when challenged with the few words and a suggested compensation by me albeit not a lot they folded immediatly = we got something which was better than nothing.

so you have to try against those Satin people.

Comment

Bravo, Mike!
                      That is the only way with Santander - to fight till you win. They give in eventually as long as you do not give up and stand your ground.
                      Berie, I wish you all the best with your letter to the underwriters. Our sparkling star Di's letter is wonderful and has already helped so many people. I hope it will help you as well.
                      If later on you still need to continue with Santander via CEO, we are here to help.
                      Good luck.
                      best,
                      Victoria

Comment

Many thanks Victoria - will keep you posted - you lead by example !

Comment

You are very welcome, Bertie.
                          Fingers crossed.
                          best,
                          Victoria

Comment

I am new to the forum, basically i took out a Debenhams store card about 15 years ago whilst i was in store. I never have taken out insurance as i feel it is a complete waste of time. I was employed full time in a stable job with 12 months full pay if i was off work. I had sufficient savings to make the minimum payment each month on my credit card for well over 5 years. I sometimes paid off the balance but on some occassions i only made the minimum payment but i never once missed a payment or went into arrears. I was made redundant 5 years ago and out of work for 5 months and did not make a claim on the credit card insurance. I only found out 2 days ago i actually had the insurance on the card when New day sent me an annual statement. I want to make a PPI claim but after reading this thread wondered if i was wasting my time. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello and welcome, Pieman.
                              What you describe sounds very familiar.
                              Most of us, who applied at the store, did not have any clue we got this insurance, attached to our accounts.

I do not have any experience with the regards how to claim on that insurance, as, in my personal case, I was not covered by it due to my employment status and occupation.
                              I am sure some of our wonderful experts will be able to advice you about the claim procedure.

I am happy to help and advise, sharing my experience about reclaiming funds for mis-sold PPI.

If, by any chance, that is what you decide to do, I am here to help.

Best,

Victoria

Comment

Having just had success with RBS with my first PPI complaint, I am now looking at having other companies follow suit. However I seem to be at a loss in that I am now up against two of what seems to be the most stubborn companies; M&S Money & Santander.
                                Like most on here I took out a dreaded Debenhams storecard back in 2001. I like many others believed such a policy was non-optional. Formal letter writing and complaints isn’t something I have ever done much, it was an absolute godsend to find such a great forum and for that I thank all you contributors.

Now my downfall is that although I have made my complaint and had it rejected with the standard Santander rejection this is where I lose hope. The more I read of this forum the more drive it gives me to fight back such a woeful company that has a complete disregard to guidelines to which they are meant to stick to. I would happily just leave it at that, until I found what I believed to be compelling evidence – Santander thought otherwise. I had apparently taken out the policy in March of 2001, during this time I was a student. From most of what I have started to troll through online most people whom have managed to provide evidence as I did that I was a student at the time and such a policy would not suit myself, have had complaints upheld. Not the case it seems with Santander.

The more I look into ppi the angrier I get. My inner paperwork hoarder has prevailed and I still hold a lot of the paperwork and could roughly estimate how much I was owe, in excess of £3500 before interest. Currently in conspiring debt, a substantial sum like this is making me want to take this further than accepting rejection. For now I really cannot commit all the time for such a back and forth game of ping-pong.
                                What I really wanted to know is if anyone knew if the FOS uphold similar Santander complaints or side with the company? Should I take the time and carry on with Santanders rejections or is GE money my next step?

Thanks in advanced.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X