• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax PPI Reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax PPI Reclaim

Just received a letter from halifax today regarding PPI we took out on a loan.

I actually wasn't aware that there was ever PPI on the loan or I would have tried reclaiming. They have sent a questionaire to be completed which asks about the sale of the PPI etc.

i am unsure of exact date we got loan but I know it was in 2005.
    Do I need to find out exact dates etc or just complete the information I know?

i don't have any paperwork from that far back so I don't even know if it was a lump sum added on or extra on the monthly payment??

is it best to complete this form ourselves or let a claims handler deal with it?

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax PPI Reclaim

Hi and welcome

No definate date is required but the year helps.

I would not use a claims company, as they will take a lump sum, and you will have to complete lots of paperwork, it can take longer, so with free help from this site I would pursue this yourself.

However, you can request for a copy of the loan agreement from the business to their data dept by enclosing a £1 cheque or postal order, request they provide this to you by 12 days and post by recorded delivery.

There is also a template letter on site called a Subject Access Request (SAR) where you enclose the one off payment £10 by cheque or postal order, and they have 40 calendar days to comply (to send you all info on the account), that's if you wish to request for all your paperwork.

What reasons do you have for being mis sold if you dont mind me asking please?
    I note one of them is you didnt realise you had ppi, so in this case they may have applied it automatically where its assumed that its all part of the loan package??

Just complete the form to the very best of your knowledge, or if you do want to wait for the paperwork first before you complete, unless you've been given a timescale to complete this?

We are here to help and its rather straight forward once the complaint form is completed. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X