• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with a ppi problem please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a ppi problem please

I took out a loan from Black Horse with PPI in June 2008. The loan was fixed on my property, unfortunately due to illness, we were forced to leave the property, and all of the financial issues were dealt with through an agent instructed by my mortgage company. This was around November/December 2009. I was led to believe that all financial problems were sorted. I moved into a new property and no more was thought about it until July 2013, when I received a letter from Black Horse advising I had an outstanding balance. I contacted them to query this and they told me that no payment had been made on the loan since 2009 and the debt was not cleared. However they informed me that the PPI had not been claimed, although we were led to believe that it had been. (this is another matter we are seeking advice about). They sent the original PPI complaint letter dated December 2009, and was told they would reopen the case. In the original letter the offer is £5095.23, however the new offer received last week is for £2133.33. Is this correct, can they reduce the offer or can I challenge for the original amount.
    Tags: None

Re: help with a ppi problem please

Hi and welcome

I would certainly question about the difference on the amount and send them copies of proof you have.

You did not use a claims company by any chance did you? If so they would take a chunk of the money.

Comment

Hi no we did'nt use a claims company I dealt direct with black horse they say that the £2500 is the amount that was paid before payments stopped and could not explain the first offer although at the moment I have only spoken to a first line operator
      Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi and welcome

I would certainly question about the difference on the amount and send them copies of proof you have.

You did not use a claims company by any chance did you? If so they would take a chunk of the money.

Comment

I would email the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and send by attachments the letters of both offers and tell them you want this looked into as the complaints team could not give you an explanation x

Comment

......In regards of my post above i just posted, here is the email details of the CEO:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X