• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Real Time Claims, ARB Advisory, Lifestyle Money etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Real Time Claims, ARB Advisory, Lifestyle Money etc

Evening folks

I've read a few other threads on the companies ARB Advisory and Lifestyle Money and wanted to post up a few questions of my own that wouldn't be on threads a few years old.

Just some advice really. I opened a number of claims with Lifestyle Money in 2012, they said there would be no fee up front, but there would be £12 admin fee for them get get the information with the banks, and so they would need a credit card/debit card incase this fee required paying. I gave them a list of around 10 finance.credit cards I had had in the last 10 years, give or take, and the guy said it would £120 in fees if they were successful. I agreed because my credit card at that point had nothing on it so I would know if they were taking any money, and it had a low credit limit because it was a new card.

They sent all the documents via email, I signed all the documents electronically, then they said they needed actual signatures so they sent them out in the post, I signed and sent everything back. I didn't hear from them in a while then a few things came to head that they needed other signatures for stuff, which I did. I still hadn't been charged but I felt I had to continue as it said on the contract that I could be charged £75 and hour if I cancelled after things had happened.

I was then contacted by RealTime Claims last year, the date escapes me, and they said they were taking over for Lifestyle Money and one of my claims had some new info that they needed. I ignored this because I was busy with University. I then had a phone call from ARB Advisory stating they were taking over for Lifestyle Money and the claims that were unsuccessful could now be opened again and so they would do that for me. I send an email challenging who they were and why I was now dealing with 3 companies. They explained it briefly that Real Time Claims was a sister company who worked with some lenders and they would be working with others. They have been trying to get in touch with me for a while now, sending out things for me to sign etc, but I'm too busy in my last year of Uni to be bothered with it.

So today I had a day off and figured I would get caught up with all my claims stuff. I called Real Time Claims, who seem legit enough, every time i've called them they've known exactly who I was and the status of my claims. Spoke with a girl today who said the latest thing on my account was my Mint CC claim and a Tesco one, I stated I have no more information on the Mint CC that as it was over 8 years ago I've destroyed all paperwork etc, she said they'd need to stop pursuing that, I agreed. Then she said the Tesco one was still valid but they were waiting to hear back from the company, and she'd send out another form to sign, to keep it going. I then asked about all the other claims and she proceeded to tell me all the account numbers and how they were all unsuccessful and had no PPI. Excellent I thought, I might be finally done with all of this.

ARB Advisory however, I called them and it goes to answer machine. I can't get a hold of them and I don't want to sign anymore documents, however I am slightly fearful that if i choose to not continue I could be charged for whatever work they have done for me so far.

Apologies for this post being quite long winded, but just wanted to put it out there. Real Time Claims, any good? Legit? ARB Advisory, should I just ignore them and hope they go away? The Credit Card i originally signed up with is now gone anyway, so technically they don't have any payment details for me.

Thanks for reading
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Real Time Claims, ARB Advisory, Lifestyle Money etc

Originally posted by craigvmo View Post
    Real Time Claims, any good? Legit?
    No. Real Time Claims have got form and are currently under the watchful eye of the regulator.

See the list of conditions the MOJ have slapped on them here https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

It's unlikely that they'll attempt to scam you but if they do, contact MOJ.

We've had reports that ARB Advisory claim to have 'taken over' some Lifestyle Money claims but this is just nonsense.

You should have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Re: PPI Real Time Claims, ARB Advisory, Lifestyle Money etc

That's great thanks, i'll just continue to ignore ARB Advisory, as far as I am aware I have no PPI money waiting for me so I'll leave it all be. Thanks for getting in touch.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X