• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Rejected Through Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Rejected Through Lloyds TSB

Hi

I recently applied to lloyds to reclaim PPI i feel was mis - sold to myself.

Lloyds looked into this and today i received a letter from them advising my claim had been rejected as no PPI had been added to any of my loans.

The dates they gave me in which the loans were taken out is different from what i have - they are claiming the loans were taken out in 2001,2003,2004 - the loans were infact taken out in 1989,1992 & 1998. They claim this is incorrect and these were the definate dates in which each individual loan was taken out.

I have appealed this today and have been advised i should contact the FOS as they can't go back to 1989 etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Diane
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Rejected Through Lloyds TSB

The problem is that for PPI policies sold that long ago there was very little regulation back then and any mis-selling would have to be judged on the rules at the time.

I would call the FOS Consumer Helpline. They may not give you a definitive answer but in my experience they're very helpful.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

Comment

Thanks for replying - i spoke to them today and they have took all the details and advised they will look into this, what they advised is that if i was employed and in receipt of Sick Pay and Death in Service this would still be included within the PPI Mis-sel.

The other issue i have is that Lloyds have said i didn't have loans back then and that they were taken out in 2001 etc - i have not had a loan since i cleared the last once in 2004.

Thanks
      Diane

Comment

Sorry i meant to say since 1998 not 2004.

Comment

Just a quick update on my rejected claim. I spoke back with the claim centre and they have passed my complaint on to have this looked into,the reason behind this is that the dates and address for where the loans were taken out is completely wrong.

I have today received a letter and also an email advising my claim has now been passed to the Chief Executive Team who will contact me within 10 days with their findings.

Has anyone else received letters and emails from this particular team?

Thanks
          Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Diane42 View Post
            I have today received a letter and also an email advising my claim has now been passed to the Chief Executive Team who will contact me within 10 days with their findings.

Has anyone else received letters and emails from this particular team?

Thanks
            Diane
            I don't know but I'll ask someone who might.

Comment

Hi there thanks EXC for your PM.

Hi there Diane and welcome.

I take it that the CEO will be Antonnio, and I have had much dealings with Lloyds when they were infact LloydsTSB, I would also make contact yourself to the CEO and raise your issues directly with him, and if he could make sure this matter is looked into, by letting him know the details of your issues as above, despite the fact that Lloyds said they have already done this.

The email I have of the CEO is below, hopefully its the same email as it was when they were lloyds tsb.
              Give it ago x

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

Do mention that you were also informed by his team that you were told your issues were being passed to him anyway, but you also wanted to contact direct yourself to, to ensure its been passed to him x

Comment

Hi

Thanks for replying,it's still the same email address,basically what's happened I put in a claim they rejected the claim claiming no PPI was on any of the loans. The information that I was then given was unbelievable,on speaking to the claims team the language barrier is a nightmare,secondly they don't listen and just continue to repeat the same thing without taking any your concerns into consideration.

I asked for for the dates in which the loans were taken out as I had already emailed customer relations at the long centre,I had 3 loans in total going back to 1989,now the information the claims handler gave me was that the loans were taken out in 2001,2002,2004 on challenging this as I already had the information they stated the loan centre had the wrong information and this needed to be updated. What was more alarming was that they told me the loans had been taken out at my old address,I explained I moved out of that address in 2001 and that is was impossible. Anyway phoned the loan centre who once again confirmed the 3 loans were taken out in 1989 etc,contacted them back and was basically told if the information is correct they could not do anything now as the claim had been rejected and closed.

That's when I decided to email the CEO - I put all the information in the email,advised I had spoken to the FOS and included my reference number for this. The following day I received a letter and an email from the Chief Executive Team who have said they will look into this and give me a response within 10 working days.

i'm now awaiting to see the outcome.

Xx

Comment

Fingers crossed all will be resolved soon, please keep us posted, cheers x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X