• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS out of time cases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS out of time cases

Hi.

I have 3 cases against Black Horse which I filled with FOS and they have advised me that they all fall within the dates which FOS can't handle due to statutory rules however they said that if I provide the details of the PPI underwriters then they can persue them for the PPI refunds. How reliable is this and has anyone had any success using this approach?

Furthermore if this method isn't so successful then would I have more success going direct through the courts?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Tags: None

Re: FOS out of time cases

Hi there :-)

I undertaken mine up myself and succeeded direct with the underwriter of one of mine, sold in the 90's, I hear not all are that lenient though, but personally before you ask the FOS to do this for you, have a go yourself as you will get a response far quicker, some wait well over a year or more going through the FOS before this is passed on to an adjudicator and even though there may be some success through the FOS, most from what I have come across are receiving responses from the FOS that despite you forwarding the details of the underwriter, they cannot seem to establish the relationship between them.
    (I did write a post on here a little time ago about this and the best way forward).

However if your underwriter does not agree with having any responsibilities, you do then forward your case to the FOS as its likely they would have been regulated to hold insurance etc.

You can message me if you wish to have a copy of my letter that I done myself to succeed direct with the underwriter, you can tweak to your reasons etc.
    If you contact your lender, they must provide you with the contact details or even the document policy details free of charge on who they are and address etc.
    Let me know and we can give it a try from there.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Di
    X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X