• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! RBS PPI Application Complaint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! RBS PPI Application Complaint?

Hello

I received a letter from the RBS saying that I may have been mis-sold PPI, due to 'concerns regarding the way PPI was sold to some customers through our branch and telephony channels....as you purchased a a PPI policy through one of these channels, your purchase may have been affected by certain common failings in our sales practices. We have not reviewed your sale and would now like to understand if you have been affected by any of the issues explained below'.

I don't know much about PPI or making claims etc, but they have told me there are two loans I have possibly been mis-sold on. I actually didn't know what PPI was until reading about it or seeing on the news. I didn't even know I was paying PPI, although I do remember being told when I took the first loan out that I needed to take insurance in order to get the loan. It wasn't explained that I could have got insurance from anywhere else, or what it even insured me for, I was simply told it was compulsory if I wished to proceed with getting my loan. That's about all I can tell you. How can I prove or disprove this? I was told this in person by the young guy at the bank who phoned me up about the loan initially, when I was in for my meeting about the loan. Is this sufficient to make a complaint, and would this be upheld by the bank?

As I say, I don't have much experience in dealing with things like these and I want to put my complaint across in a way in which it will be upheld.

Re: Help! RBS PPI Application Complaint?

Hi and welcome
    This is now procedure with the banks sending these out to customers who have had loans with PPI.

I would definately complete it with your reasons and they "must" take what you say into account, the fact that you were told that you had to accept the ppi to be accepted for the loan is a reason to make that complaint and reclaim and if it was not discussed with you either then do add all that applies.

There are many reasons why you can make a reclaim, if you were pressurised into taking it out.
    If you had sickness cover with your employer.
    If you only worked part time for eg 16 or 18 hours at the time it was sold to you, as you would not have been eligible to make a claim for sickness/unemployment.
    A Pre-med condition at the time it was sold to you, again they would not pay out for that particular illness if it was existing at the time it was sold to you.
    And lots more....

I would definately give it a go, keep a copy and keep us updated, good luck.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X