• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWest credit card ppi rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest credit card ppi rejection

Hi all

i received a reply back from NatWest today rejecting my claim that they missold ppi when I took out a credit card with them in 2003. The reason for the rejection is that is was sold as non-advised. The letter states,
    "under guidance and regulation at the time of the sale pur sales process for PPI was on a non-advised basis and the staff member was required to have brought to your attention the key features and benefits of the PPI along with any key exclusions the policy may have. In an advised sale the member of staff you spoke to woild have had to understand your personal circumstances to ensure the policy was suitable. To do this they would have needed to have asked you a detailed set of questions about your personal circumstances and any existing arrangements that you may have had, as opposed to just explaining the key points to you.

So in summary I can confirm that whilst you ought to have had the key features, benefits and exclusions of the policy explained to you, and should have been asked questions to establish your eligibilty for the product, this did not constitute giving advice, although I can understand why you may have perceived that you were given advice"

At the time I was working 17 hours a week and had no medical problems. They have sent me a copy of the t&c that were in force at the time and i cannot see any exclusion for part-time work. I would have been paid sick pay by my employer and in addition I had comprehensive life cover with critical illness cover running. I took the card out in an office and was pretty much told to sign here, here and here and I really cannot recall being given much time to make an informed decision. Whilst I cannot recall the exact conversation we had about ppi, I do remember feeling that it was presented to me in a way that made it difficult to refuse.

They sent me a copy of the application form that i originally signed and the bit about ppi states, "...we recommend that you read te Terms and Conditions within the enclosed General Conditions and take out this cover". In addition, having just read through the photocopied policy document that has been sent with the rejection letter, there is no mention anywhere of how much the ppi would cost every month.

Is it worth me taking this further as this letter apparently is their final response? Any ideas would be gratefully received
    Last edited by katelovescake; 22nd November 2013, 19:42:PM.

Re: NatWest credit card ppi rejection

Hi there

I would give it another go, no harm in doing so.

Sometimes they may consider even if they have already given the final decision, you could do so by giving them a further 14 days.
    What about the FOS? Did they mention them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X