• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds ppi change of redress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds ppi change of redress

My first posting!

Good Morning - On LLoyds FAQ page on their own web site it clearly states that if any offer of redress is made it will not be changed -- ???
    I was advised in April 2013, after over a year FOS would uphold my complaint on PPI on a credit card going back to 1990.
    Then the fun and games began... after a few weeks of chasing and "lloyds" not saying how much I was due, one of their call centre people said he could not disclose as figure was over £10,000. I chased again for news to be told the figure , again was over £10,000 and on a third time the UK based (how unusual!) person actually said she could see the figure and was I ready for some good news ....over £25,000.
    Imagine - however my accountant had suggested that the figure should be about this amount so whilst very pleased not so surprised.
    In the original defence LLOYDS INSISTED that they rejected my claim as they had sale notes and paperwork of my case and I had clearly signed for in branch.
    The money promised did not come......
    I chased again to be told they had tried to call me and the offer was less than £6000 I asked for explanation to b etold next day would berefund of £7800
    Late July/Aug I received £12300
    Howe ver there is no breakdown AND they say the calculations are from 2001 not 1990.
    I challenged this and case is with FOS.

TWO THINGS
    If they make an offer and even if they say in FAQs this wont be changed - why has it been changed

Why suddenly change the date of calculations - both myself AND FOS have letters stating card started in 1990
    And why use this as a defence and then change date.
    FOS has asked for clarification since August and nothing since - only that they may "have to" reconstruct card amount due going back to time started.

Just wondered if i have grounds under thir FAQS promise or indeed their own letter stating 1990 as start date

Appreciate any comments of support
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: lloyds ppi change of redress

Okay so you received a refund of PPI of £12300 from Lloyds after the FOS upholding your claim.

You have paid PPI since 1990 and Lloyds have only calculated your refund from 2001.

Your accountant feels the amount should be around £25k ?

You have gone back to the FOS to ask why and they are in contact with Lloyds.

In your FOS letter upholding your claim does it state the 1990 date ?

Do you have any paperwork back to 1990 ? (bank statements showing card payments / accounts records etc) and have you previously sent a subject access request to Lloyds ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The last I heard, a High Court ruling decided that the FOS's decision was not binding as the Obudsman deals with complaints, not causes of action.
      I believe this was being appealed, but I haven't seen an update.
      ( Clark & Anor v In Focus Asset Management & Tax Solutions Ltd [2012] EWHC 3669 (QB) (19 December 2012) )
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you.
        Yes payment of £12,300 received.
        PPI paid since 1990 - credit card actually says "member since 1990"
        I have no paper work BUT in their defence as stated, they actually state that according to their own paperwork and records I signed for this in branch.
        YES FOS in contact with Branch/Bank -although they say that my dispute/type of dispute is not a single issue and they are in "conversation" about mine and others? Bank said if I was not happy with offer then go to FOS.... (what a polite way of putting it!)
        Have not yet requested a SAR - although FOS have verbally told me that they have also been told by bank originally that this was taken out in 1990? And FOS, told me along lines of "they can ask for information" I would not normally be able to access - is this a SAR?

And yes accountant looked at as many previous statements I had and did something with calculator - not sure what but seemed to suggest to me higher figure?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Do you have any paperwork back to 1990 ? (bank statements showing card payments / accounts records etc)
          I have no paper work
          And yes accountant looked at as many previous statements I had and did something with calculator
          What paperwork do you have exactly and how far back does it go??? is it just statements that you have?? if so how far back do they go???

EDIT
          Personally I think I would be sending a DSAR to see what they have and so you can get your hands on as much info as you can, as I doubt that you sending a DSAR will affect or disturb the FOS claim in any way

EDIT 2
          In the original defence LLOYDS INSISTED that they rejected my claim
          I have no paper work BUT in their defence as stated, they actually state that according to their own paperwork and records I signed for this in branch.
          What is this "defence" that you refer to??
          was this "defence" a reply to the FOS for rejecting your claim???
          Last edited by Gorang; 19th November 2013, 22:18:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X