• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Red Hawk Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hawk Legal

Any advice would be greatful

I started a claim in 2010 with lifestyle claims paying an up front fee of £968, after a few months i was told that my case had been handed to Ultimate Law who would fight my case against my credit card company . I filled in the forms sent form ultimate law give permission to act on my behalf.When life style claims went into Administration i contacted Red Hawk Legal and was told that due to the fact i had paid the fees up front they would not be doing any more work on my case as they wouldn't be paid for it. I contacted Ultimate law who said the same thing , They wouldn't be getting paid from Life Style. I contacted the Administrators Sharm and co and was told that as i had paid up front i would be classed as one of the creditors of life style claims, I was told to claim my fees back on from my credit card company which i did took a few months but got sorted.I was told that my credit card company would now be class as a creditor of Life style claims.I started down the route of claiming my PPI back myself, when speaking to Lloyd's about i was told that Ultimate law were still working on my behalf , I spoke to Ultimate law as a bit confused about what was going on and they said that the case was still on going and i had contract with them my behalf they told me that they would continue with my claim as it was nearly ready to go to court and they would claim cost from Lloyd's if they won.Never heard anything from Red Hawk legal so i phoned them a couple of times just to make sure all my case had been closed with them which that said was correct. Was informed by Ultimate Law that an offer had been sent from Lloyd's and i should accept, never had anything in writing from them about this, within a couple of day Red Hawk legal are on the phone telling my i owe the £270 and if this wasn't paid shortly they would hand it over to a debts company , i contacted Red Hawk legal asking why i owe them money as they haven't done any work on my case they just said as i had a contract with Life style claims and they had bought them out , I have asked them for an document any contracts between them and myself but they just ignore my question and just say they want their money, should i pay.As of yet i haven't received any money back from my PPI claim

Rob
    Tags: None

Re: Red Hawk Legal

Hi flakey and welcome, I spotted you had posted on the end of another thread and meant to ask you to put it on a thread of your own but had to go out.
    Just hang fire someone who can help will be along soon.
    Enaid x

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

any help would be grateful

Comment

I posted on the other thread but not to worry.

In the PDF document attached does your name appear in the list of creditors further down the document that are listed sideways? - Bear in mind the names are not in alphabetical order within their letter groupings.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flakey1965 View Post
            When life style claims went into Administration i contacted Red Hawk Legal and was told that due to the fact i had paid the fees up front they would not be doing any more work on my case as they wouldn't be paid for it. I contacted Ultimate law who said the same thing , They wouldn't be getting paid from Life Style.
            Rob
            Did you get this in writing from either Redhawk or Ultimate that they wouldn't be pursuing your claim?

Comment

In fact thinking about this I don't think it matters if you didn't get it in writing as if that's what you told, that's what you were told.

The very first clause in Lifestyle's consumer contracts deals with the duration of contractual agreement and states that:

''The Contract shall commence on the date on which the Client’s signedletter of appointment has been received by the Company and unless terminatedearlier shall continue until Compensation is recovered for the Client, theCompany or its agent advises the Client in writing that it is unable to recoverCompensation or the company or itsagent exercises its right not to pursue the Claim. ''

Because Ultimate Law are defined as an agent in the contract it means that both the company (Lifestyle, now Redhawk) and its agent (Ultimate Law) have triggered the clause in your contract not to pursue the claim. And as such the contract was terminated at that point.

You need to send Redhawk a formal letter of complaint on the basis of the above and let us know how they respond.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                Did you get this in writing from either Red hawk or Ultimate that they wouldn't be pursuing your claim?

Hello i didn't get anything in writing from either Red Hawk legal or Ultimate Law, Red Hawk Legal said it would cost them to much money sending out letters to old Life Style claims clients, i did get a letter from Sharm and co saying that the had been advised by Rd Hawk Legal that my claims had not been successful and i was entitled to my up front fees back and to make a claim against the Administrator ,mt name appears on the list CFOL Mr R Flake, i have spoken to Red Hawk legal they are just saying the invoice needs to be paid asap or they will hand it over to a debt collector, i have told them i havent even been paid out yet so how can i pay 30% on nothing.

Comment

Ok.

I think that as Sharma has informed you in writing that your claims were unsuccessful and you're named as a creditor, which confirms that, is enough to establish that your agreement was terminated and you are no longer bound to be charged under it. As I said you need to write a letter of complaint to Redhawk on this basis.

They may well pass your details to Universal Collections but let us know if that happens and we'll deal with them as we have with many other people like yourself.

Do you know if your PPI compensation has been or will be paid to Ultimate Law?

Comment

Ultimate law have told me my payment will be sent direct to me by the end of November, they must have told Red Hawk legal that the claim for PPI has been agreed. I will write to Red Hawk legal as you have advised.I have emailed Ultimate law asking for conformation of the amount the credit card company have offered and i have also rung Lloyd's them self asking for a letter confirming the offer , i haven't received anything as yet.I also emailed Red Hawk legal asking for a copy of my contract with them again i have heard nothing

Comment

Ok so just to be clear when Ultimate say the payment will be sent directly to you do they mean direct from Lloyds to you of via Ultimate?

Comment

Im not sure , i will ask the question,

Comment

Ultimate Law usually have the bank pay them directly and forward it onto the claimant, so yes do check. Ultimate Law have been known to try and collect Redhawk's fees on their behalf and if they attempt to you must be firm with them that they have no right to do so.

Comment

Hello again had email back for Ultimate law state payment will be sent direct from there offices within the next 28 days

Rob

Comment

There's a clause in the original Lifestyle contracts that the customer agrees that their agent (ie Ultimate) can deduct the fee before sending the balance to the customer, but as Redhawk are asking you for the fee directly hopefully that won't happen.

I assume you were original cold called by Lifestyle and during the call they got you to pay an up-front fee?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X