• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Morgan Stanley PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Stanley PPI

Hi. I am new here and would appreciate some advice. I had an old Morgan Stanley card back from 2002 and settled same in May 2007. Payment settled with Thames Credit as debt sold to them. PPI questionnaire sent to MS who have come back saying case sold as part of portfolio to Golfish on 1 June 2007 etc. As debt was paid off in full and letter from Thames Credit dated 18 May 2007 clarifying Same held, who is responsible fro Ppi claim? Many thanksMany thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Morgan Stanley PPI

Hi and welcome to LB

Are they saying that Goldfish taken over from them with all liabilities of all accounts?

You were right to contact MS if it was them that set up and sold you the finance in 2002, but if they no longer run where another business taken over them - I would assume you would then have to pursue the business who taken over.

I would send a copy of your original complaint (if you have a copy) to GF and enclose a copy of the letter you received to confirm what they said about GF, so hopefully you shouldnt be passed the buck etc...

If the debt was told to a debt company where they taken over all interest and responsibility of the account, and where it is now paid off in full, then I would think the refund should come back to you.

Good luck please let us know how you get on, cheers.

Comment

Morning and thanks for your response. The letter I received from Morgan Stanley states 'having investigated your complaint,we confirm on 1 June 2007, your credit card account was sold as part of a portfolio of accounts to Goldfish Bank Ltd. Subsequently these accounts were acquired by Barclaycard who are now responsible for the investigation and assessment of your account and your complaint has been passed to them.

I found it strange to think that a settled account would pass to Goldfish. I telephoned the number on the letter today for MS and was told that all accounts irrespective were transferred to Goldfish. The lady I spoke to said that MS complaints dept don't have a telephone no so any complaint should b made in writing.

I will await contact from Barclaycard and advise you in due course. Meantime,I have made a successful complaint to Liverpool Victoria who settled my complaint to tune of £949.63. Cheque received 18 days after issue of complaint. :colbert:

Comment

It is Morgan Stanley who are responsible!
        http://www.morganstanley.com/about/offices/uk.html

Comment

Reference above, I have today had an avknowlegement from Barclaycard who say as my address has changed they ill credit heck my y new addressfor confirmation of same and get ack to me by 12 November. Am confused as to why they in this case are credit checking me when other companies have requested copy of current utility bill to confirm.

Comment

Yes strange, as supplying 1/2 utility bill(s) would be sufficient to confirm your change of address!
            But information contained in ones credit files is not always correct, nor validated.
            Barclays, do appear to be a "Law" unto themselves...

Good Luck!

Comment

Further to earlier posts, I also made two claims to Canada Square re old Egg cards now paid off. Both claims posted same day. Since paying off cards, I have moved home and on questionnaires, gave previous and current addresses. Card with larger limit responded first by saying card applied for online etc etc and claim not upheld. (Card took out March 2003). Following day, got a letter from Canada square requesting proof of current address to investigate further!! Following day got same letter on smaller card requesting proof of current address. Telephoned them and explained situation on both cards and what was needed. Guy I spoke to said smaller card still under review and to send copy of utility bill which I have since done and yesterday have been advised claim upheld. £601 coming my way. However, I was unsure how to deal with other claim and decided to send SAR . Today I have received letter requesting proof of address.
              I would appreciate your assistance plz. Should I resend Sar with proof of address? Also should I write back to Canada Square meantime and advise I am somewhat bewildered how they old make an informed decision when they had no proof of address?? Thanks

Comment

Canada Square Operations don't appear to know what they are doing; left hand from the right...!
                Their so called, Data Controller, is clearly incompetent.

Probably, best if you just send them the proof of ID, again, that is if, you want the claim resolved prior to Christmnas:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X