• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Capital One

I wrote to Capital One and filled in a form to reclaim PPI.

My claim has been upheld but I'm not sure if the settlement figure is correct.

I had the card from 20/10/2003 and 30/07/2009 and the credit limit was 2,100.

They have offered me 177.88 plus 13.66 interest plus 8% interest of 135.43 less income tax on the 8% interest of 27.08.

Does this sound correct to you. It seems a small amount for a credit card that I used for 6 years.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Capital One

Its impossible for us to give you a definitive answer without us actually seeing the mthly amounts of PPI charged and outstanding balances I'm afraid

For instance--if you dutifully maintained a very low balance--you would not have paid much PPI----ie typically PPI om a credit card is calculated monthly on the outstandind balance at around 80p per £100 outstanding balance

Originally posted by ashlee21 View Post
    I wrote to Capital One and filled in a form to reclaim PPI.

My claim has been upheld but I'm not sure if the settlement figure is correct.

I had the card from 20/10/2003 and 30/07/2009 and the credit limit was 2,100.

They have offered me 177.88 plus 13.66 interest plus 8% interest of 135.43 less income tax on the 8% interest of 27.08.

Does this sound correct to you. It seems a small amount for a credit card that I used for 6 years.
    Last edited by Turboman; 17th September 2013, 14:04:PM.

Comment

Do you think it would be worth sending a SAR?

Comment

You will know yourself if you kept very low or zero balances--in which case--those sums may be correct

If you are unsure--by all means send an SAR

Do you think it would be worth sending a SAR?

Comment

You could also ring them up and ask for the details on how they calculated your redress--preferably in a tabular form by month

This might be sufficient to remind you of your use of the card and save you the hassle of going through loads of statements

The choice is yours.--but if it was me--I'd ring em up first as the sums are relatively low

Bill also knows the new rules backwards re applying the 8% interest which works on a "notional balance" theory--unlike straight bank charges claiming and Loan PPI claiming---and we can check that part for you

Comment

Thanks for that, I will ring them tomorrow.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Comment

I asked for a list of all the payments I had made and have today received a letter saying that their original decision stands and that they were not upholding my claim.

This contradicts the letter they sent on 10th September 2013 in which they said that they were upholding my claim and would pay me all my premiums back.

My only query was how they had arrived at the amount in the offer.

I am so confused. Is a SAR now the way to go or should I write back to them again.

Comment

I asked for a list of all the payments I had made and have today received a letter saying that their original decision stands and that they were not upholding my claim.

This contradicts the letter they sent on 10th September 2013 in which they said that they were upholding my claim and would pay me all my premiums back.

My only query was how they had arrived at the amount in the offer.

I am so confused. Is a SAR now the way to go or should I write back to them again.
                Hi

So they did "uphold" but now they are saying "no"!!

Wonder if there's been some confusion or misunderstanding in this!!

It's up to you with the SAR, but I've always found them to be a help for me.

So basically you contacted them just to query the offer and now you received a letter in the post today to confirm that they were not upholding??
                I would email/write to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) forward both letters you received, the one where they upheld and now the other they say they are not!!

I would also add that your not happy with the way you been treated, just because you requested for the calculations via written breakdown, they now refuse to uphold your complaint which is certainly not a thing to do!

Do you know who the CEO is?

Comment

No I don't know who the CEO is. I would be grateful if you could tell me and I will certainly write to him.

Comment

Found this here, same as CEO

vicky.mitchell@capitalone.com

Good luck x

Comment

I wrote another letter to the company and also emailed the CEO but I have still not received a reply. Any idea what my next step should be?

Thanks for all your hgelp so far but I am now starting to feel really angry with this company.

Comment

That is so frustrating!!

If you've not done so yet, chase them again and tell them your not happy with the customer service and with waiting so long for confirmation or that your query is not being dealt with since sending your email dated Xx/XX/2013 and expecting a response to this email with a copy of your previous email as below by the next few days.

(Maybe just give them this one more chance), but another suggestion would be to have a word with your local MP and ask him or her to act on your behalf (they're not likely to ignore them) lol, its only a suggestion but it may work!:santa2:

Comment

Hi Di,

I am pleased to say that I finally received a supply today.

They apologised for the delay and said that the letter re not upholding my complaint was sent in error. They also sent me a list of all the payments that I had made and I have checked this and it appears to be correct so I have signed the acceptance form and will post it immediately before they change their minds again.

Thank you very much for all your help with this. Keep up the good work.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X